We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character Dining with Teens

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Character Dining with Teens

Hi,

We've been to Disney before but stayed off site in a villa. Next year we will be staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort and have the advantage of the Disney Dining Plan. There will be me, DH and our two DS's who will be aged 14 and 12.

I'm looking for ideas please for places to eat - especially Character Dining. As you may guess, our boys aren't showing too much interest in having breakfast with Cinderella!!!

I would prefer to pick the nicest restaurants and have an idea of best times to eat i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner, and then plan our days in the Parks around the restaurants. We will probably eat breakfast in our apartment each morning (except the morning for a Character Breakfast) and eat a light lunch in the Parks and then arrange dinner either watching fireworks, watching a show or at Downtown Disney.

We all prefer to have a "nice" meal rather than fast food so are willing to use up two dining credits for a meal. We will be going to Universal for a couple of days anyway so know that we will have to eat meals over there out of pocket.

Thank you all in advance.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Character Dining with Teens

The classic, Chef Mickey's, Ohana where you can also meet Mickey, or Tusker House at Animal Kingdom maybe. Early, perhaps, for Tusker House. The others wouldn't be bad for a late seating around 10:30am and in that way cover both breakfast and lunch. If there are extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom or even if there isn't you can try to do a few things first as well.

You might also look into Character dining at Universal given the boys' ages.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Character Dining with Teens

I agree with the previous post - we went with our 9 (almost 10) year old son and had dinner at Chef Mickey's and breakfast at Ohana and Tusker House - loved them all. We did the first seating (8:00) at TH on a day that the park opened at 9:00 and this was perfect - finished in time to get fast passes. We were warned by some people, though, that going on rides immediately after a big breakfast might cause sickness - was not an issue for us.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Character Dining with Teens

Thank you for your replies. I shall put them on our list of restaurants.

Thanks also for the information about character dining at Universal - that's something I hadn't considered at all but sounds a fab idea. I just love the minnions, erm I mean my kids do!!!

4. Re: Character Dining with Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:18