We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
498 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

We are staying on site at the Hard Rock and understand that we are getting an express pass included. Do we pick this up at check in or do we have to wait until the morning we are going to the parks? Do we get unlimited express rides? I thought I read that it is unlimited, but I believe that there are different types. Basically I am wondering how the express pass works.

We will also get early admission to WWOHP, which means we can enter at 8am. Any advice when we should head over to IOA in the morning. Do people start to line up early?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,961 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

When staying on site the express pass is unlimited. When you check in you will be directed to some kiosks nearby and it will take your picture and a card will come out with your picture on it, that is your express pass.

We never got up early enough for the early entry :)

ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

As previous poster said, there are kiosks in the Lobby area so you can get your unlimited fastpasses straight away. We were there in June/July and the early entry was for 7am, so we were up early and strolled down and arrived at the gate at 6.45 and there was approx 20 or so people ahead of us and they opened the gate at 6.50 so our teenagers ran ahead as they wanted to be first ! I have to be honest it was lovely walking around WWOHP when it was lovely and quiet

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

I think just for the sake of being in the WWoHP area without crowds would be worth getting there for the early entry.

What time of year are you visiting? This can also make a difference, as the more crowded it is, the earlier you want to get there.

Remember, too, that Cabana Bay, Universal's newest hotel, will be opening this spring, and that will mean that many more folks can enter the park early, so if your visit is for March or later, keep that in mind.

4. Re: Express Pass - Universal/IOA and early entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17