We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

Via:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/13dec2013-fastpass-open-to-all-guests-including-offsite-beginning-next-week-at-disney's-animal-kingdom.htm

Should be interesting. I'm going Jan 4-14 and staying offsite. I actually have no problems with this plan, except that I do with it would be possible to use the mobile app (even if I could only do it after entering the park for the day). I just don't want to have to wait for who-knows-how-long at a kiosk after waiting for rope drop... Hopefully they figure that part out in the next few weeks.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

I like it. I was hoping that they would do something like this. But, yes, you are right, I hope the kiosks are idiot proof, or it's going to back up fast. I know they are going to have cast members there to help, but the technically challenged are going to get confused. I'm going to make sure my smart phone is charged up before we visit any park to avoid them.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

Oh geeze. That sounds terrible. It's one thing to stand at a kiosk and pop some tickets in. It is an entirely different thing to have CHOICE involved. Some people are going to take forever! It'll be like standing in line at a RedBox as people hem and haw over what movie to pick. I hope it doesn't turn out like Radiator Springs Racers at Disneyland. You get in a 30 minute line just to get to the FastPass machines.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

I guess the idea is to do your Fastpasses ahead of time and not when you get to the park

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

In the article it states that off-site guests will not have that option - they will have to use the kiosks on the day of.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

Oh, I see...I could not download that article from the link given

Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

I'm hoping that changes -- soonish. I notice that in MyDisneyExperience I can link my tickets that I bought already from Undercover tourist -- they are the newer RFID tickets. When I was in the app, it said I was not eligible for FP+ "yet", and that they are expanding who can participate.

So, I linked my tickets just in case something changes -- maybe after the December 18th test they'll have the data they need to open up the app more broadly. Again, I don't care if I can do it in far in advance or not like resort guests, I don't even care if I can't do it until I enter the park -- just would be nice to have an option other than the limited kiosks...

7. Re: AK is FP+ only (including off-resort guests) as of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:18