We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
891 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Family of 5 going in January (2 adults, 3 kids - ages 2, 7, 9)....we are kicking the idea of not going to Epcot. We will be in the parks a total of 5 days and were thinking 1 in Animal Kingdom, 2 in Magical Kingdom and 2 and Hollywood Studios (that is if we don't do Epcot, but if we do then we would do 1 in Hollywood Studios). Thoughts?

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
381 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

January is usually quiet in the parks (as quiet as Disney gets) so I would do 1 day hs 1 day epcot. The night time illuminations and fireworks are worth it alone. I would still get to the parks for rope drop to avoid not seeing everything. Epcot was the only park I didn't get round to doing everything because I arrived at 10.30 and that was January 2012.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Agree with dave, Illuminations is fabulous, we wouldn't miss them ever. Just back from a 9 day trip and we saw Illuminations 4 times!. One day at DHS would be plenty of time to see everything IMO.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

5 days and no Epcot? Crazy, do it.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Despite all the negativity surrounding Epcot, it remains one of my favourite parks and is the one I'm looking forward to going back to the most. It just has a certain atmosphere and feel to it that none of the other parks have, I used to love going on Test Track on an evening and feeling and smelling the cool Florida breeze as you sped around the track.

You should only need a day for Hollywood studios so I personally would keep a spare day for Epcot. To really experience Epcot I would say you need at least 2 days but you will definitely need 2 for Magic Kingdom and the other Disney parks are still well worth a visit.

Edited: 13 December 2013, 15:34
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,477 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

1 day each for Epcot and HS

With children of those ages I wouldn't miss out any of the Disney parks

But it's your holiday who are we to tell you what to do :-))

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

2 days at HS would be because you wanted 2 not because you need 2 to get through it (the way you can need 2 to finish Magic Kingdom which has the most rides)

Personally, I'd do all of them once before I repeated any. Why miss out. Even if it doesn't end up your favorite you won't know unless you try. There is a lot to like about all of them. If you've been there before, then I guess you are in a good position to know what to do.

Edited: 13 December 2013, 16:09
Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Epcot is not everyones cup of tea but we personally love it, my youngest 8 had a blast, we got her an Epcot passport and when visiting every country there is a place where someone from the actual country sits and kids hand over the passport and they write something in their own language/writing specific to your kid, also she had a Duffy Bear on a stick that she coloured (part of) in, in each country. the rides albeit just a few are quite good and again they would see lots of characters, the food and fireworks are fab.

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

I like the pace at Epcot. It's a bit slower and less urgent than the others. They have ruined Test Track (IMO) now with the so called upgrade. If I had to pass on one park, it would defiantly be Epcot.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

Got to agree that Test Track has been ruined but that's a whole topic of its own.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
891 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To do or not to do.....Epcot?

I think that we are going to try it.....we want them to get the whole Disney experience while there since it is their first time.