We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Day Four

Up stupidly early to get a Lynx bus at 6am to get to Magic Kingdom. Both buses (8 and 50) were packed, and I was desperate to get to the gates for rope drop. Unfortunately the 50 broke down and the monorail was not working, so we got to the gate just as the performance was finishing. Gutted! But I highly recommend getting the ferry as watching the castle get bigger as you move across the lake is very special. I didn't let this get me down as I purchased my Minnie Mouse ears and headed into the park to get started. We started in Adventureland with the Jingle Cruise and Magic Carpets then moved on to Frontierland. Splash Mountain was out of action, so we went to Big Thunder Mountain. Just about to step on to the ride when it was announced that it too was out of action! Oh well we got some fastpasses out of it. Back to Adventureland to ride Pirates and then Liberty Square for the riverboat and Hall of Presidents. I fell asleep in Hall of Presidents and left feeling very unwell. I think the tiredness hit me hard, but it was time to make our way to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's breakfast.

Breakfast with Mickey was by far the best experience of the trip. The food was great, but meeting the characters was just really special. I really enjoyed it and I was so glad that we went. The characters interacted with everyone and allowed us to take loads of pictures. My OH and I were the only people there without kids, which I didn't even know until someone mentioned it to me about 10 hours later in the queue for the monorail. Who cares if it's weird that we were there without kids? I loved every minute of it!

Spent a few hours exploring the Contemporary and the Floridian (for the gingerbread house!) to recover a bit before making our way back to the park. Headed for Fantasyland where we rode the tea cups and the carousel and sat in on Mickey's PhilarMagic. Then on to Tomorrowland for Monsters Inc, Carousel of Progress, Stitch's Great Escape and Buzz Lightyear. Finished with Under the Sea before getting on the Railroad to Main Street to see the parade and fireworks. Aside from some exceptionally rude people, the parade and fireworks were truly magical. As a grown woman I'm not ashamed to say that they brought a tear to my eye. After a very, very long day (16.5 hours after leaving the hotel that morning) we dragged ourselves on to the bus and made our way back to the hotel.

Day Five

We literally did nothing on this day except hang out, chat and eat a late lunch/early dinner at Denny's.

Day Six

Back to the parks today, and it is time for Islands of Adventure. I has been looking forward to this one the most as I love Harry Potter. And it did not disappoint! Crowds were already manic in Hogsmead at 9am, so we quickly got in the queue for Olivander's, before heading to the Three Broomsticks for breakfast (and a Butterbeer). Food was ok and the Butterbeer was amazing (not as sickly as the one at the studio tour in Watford). We were advised to go out on to the patio at the back of the pub, and it really is a perfect spot - quiet with a great view of Hogwarts. We did the castle tour and had a good look around the shops before heading to Jurassic Park (OH favourite) to ride the river adventure where I got very wet (don't sit in the back row!!) and look around the Discovery Centre.

We kind of skipped Toon Lagoon, but did stop long enough to shoot water at people on Ripsaw Falls. This one girl thought she was being funny and gave us the finger, so I shot her in the side of the face with the water cannon. I thought it was hilarious! Simple things and all! Then on to Super Hero Island to look around the shops and ride Storm Force Accelatron. As it got dark, we went to Seuss Landing, rode everything and ate the most delicious cupcake ever (chocolate and peanut butter). On our way back to Hogsmead, we took in Poseidon's Fury, which was very impressive, especially the bit with the spinning water. Hogsmead is even more impressive/beautiful at night and a perfect way to finish the day with a frozen Butterbeer in hand!

More to come!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Oh sounds terrific!! Hogsmead at night.....ooh simply cannot wait :-)

Who cares what the knockers say about you going to a character meal without kids....its your holiday so you are free to do whatever you want!!! Glad you enjoyed it ;-)

Looking forward to reading more!!

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
381 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Really enjoying your trs, like aj says, who cares what others think, you do what you want to do on your holiday, I too am a fan of Poseidons fury, it's great.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Great stuff, splash mountian seems to be down a lot. Think it is out for a big part of jan, feb, and into march 2014. J.park, my wifes fav ride to. Well sounds like you are loving your trip.................. GREAT.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Great trip reports. You were brave doing the Teacups!! It is one ride I just can't do as it makes me feel so sick!!! Give me a roller coaster any day. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Love your TR's! I always fall asleep in the American adventure animatronic presentation in Epcot, then usually wake up as the music builds and I go all patriotic!?!?! Maybe in a previous life ;)

M

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,219 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

Having a grand time and had breakfast with Mickey good for you.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

What is it with Splash Mountain and the Big Thunder Railroad? More times than not they have been out of order when we were there as well.

Great reports; they are interesting and actually readable (unlike some I have seen with 60 word sentences, I kid you not). Looking forward to the next one!

8. Re: Trip Report Days 4 - 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17