We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

I know this topic has been covered and re-covered....BUT

I was wondering if we purchased a 10 day pass and only stayed on-site for 2 nights, then moved off-site....are the magic bands active for fastpasses etc for the entire 10days or just the 2 days we stayed onsite?

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

My understanding is yes they will still be active for the rest of your stay. You'll know for sure when it comes to your 60 days if the website lets you pre-book fast passes.

Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

Yes they should be.

We are staying on-site next week for 5 nights but have booked FP+ times for after our stay when we move off-site.

We purchased a 14 day ticket from Disney and linked it to our magic bands on the MDE website.

Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

I would call Disney and ask them directly. I think that the bands and FP+ would only work for the 2 days, since they are an onsite perk

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,542 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

Not sure about that carmela.

If an AP holder can book anytime (within the allotted dates) I don't see why they couldn't be used when staying offsite. They are Disney tickets after all.

I can book now from home in the UK, but our next visit isn't until July 2014. If they only worked when I was staying on site, I shouldn't be able to book now...

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

I was on-site for four nights and off for four earlier this month. My Magic Band worked for FP + on all four of my off-site days.

I do have an AP and didn't use my MB for charging.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

Unfortunately, calling Disney may not result in getting a correct answer. Disney doesn't have a reliable question-and-answer line. The only public numbers are staffed by cast members who are there only to make/sell reservations: tickets, resorts, dining, tours, etc. These folks are trained in how to sell, but they are NOT trained in the intricacies of how each of those things actually works, they aren't trained in how to USE them.

Your best bet is to get an answer from someone here who has "been there done that." Unfortunately, that's not me right now. My last time in the world was about a year ago, pre-Magic Bands. I've developed this nasty cruise habit instead ....

7. Re: Disney Magic bands / Fastpass+

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 05:17