We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Hi! Trying to book some restaurants and need some recommendations at MK and HS. I've got plenty at Epcot and one at AK. I'd love to eat several times at Epcot but you can only spend so much time there. I've got 50's Prime time Café at HS and The Crystal Café at MK (Its still character right?).

Its 4 in my travel party but we are willing to try almost any type of food.

Thanks

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

We really love the Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre in HS - the theming is superb and we enjoyed the food. At MK we love Be Our Guest and Liberty Tree Tavern - very different restaurants but the food at both is great!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Sci-Fi is my favorite at HS. The food is pretty good and the theme is awesome.

Mama Melrose at HS is also pretty good.

The Plaza Restaurant at MK is good, but nothing too special as far as atmosphere.

Tony's Town Square gets a bad wrap, but I had the best steak there. We also sat on the porch and ate. We saw the parade go by. The view is a bit far off, but it was neat to see. I'd go back just for that steak.

Be Our Guest is the place to go right now, if you can get a reservation. I've read nothing but great things about the food and the theme is unbeatable.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

I give Sci-Fi only a B+ The theming is nice, but it went through the films and it started looping over before we were done. A bit repetitive. The food was decent, but no better or worse than what you get at a Cracker Barrel. You won't go wrong eating there, but you may something better.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

We liked 50s prime time... It's fun to see the waitresses in character.... One made my DH eat a pickle, and he was horrified especially as it was originally mine !!

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Sci fi has a great theme but was very cold and very dark - cant see your food dark. The food was very average. We probably wouldn't go back but it was a good one off experience.

At MK we loved be our guest. Food awesome and setting outstanding. Crystal Palace was wonderful for our 5 and 3 yr olds to meet characters but the food isn't the best. On our next trip we would very much like to try liberty tree.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 20:47
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Hollywood Studios has the worst restaurants of any of the parks. There is not a single restaurant that I would want to eat at there. 50's Prime Time Café is OK to try once for a novelty, but the food is not that great. Hollywood and Vine is just a mediocre cafeteria type place.

If I were you, I would try to get Be Our Guest at MK, and skip eating at HS altogether. You would be better off booking meals at one of the resorts or Downtown Disney. A few good choices are 'Ohana and Kona at the Polynesian, and Raglan Road and T-Rex at DTD. I had the BEST salad at T-Rex, with chicken, cranberries and walnuts. Also, it is a fun atmosphere there.

Even some of the resort food courts would be better than the choices at Hollywood Studios.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 21:22
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

I'm with Carmela, we never eat at Hollywood Studios (just lunch and we just get pretzels). 50s prime time food is blah (and the night we were there the waiters/waitresses weren't being fun at all, it's hit or miss). We tried Tony's at MK (awful Italian food, so won't go back there).

For HS, you can leave and go over to the boardwalk, Big River Grill is good (it's call ahead seating, no reservations). For MK you could pop out and go over to Chef Mickey at the contemporary :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

that is a great idea, princess...to go over to the Boardwalk from Hollywood Studios. It's just a short boat ride from there, and it's always fun to ride on the boat. There are good restaurant options at the Boardwalk

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Thanks for everyones help! I had ate at 50's prime time several years ago and like everyone else I don't remember the food being great however the atmosphere was awesome. Carmela and princess.....I like the boat ride idea then can ride back to HS to finish the night. Is the boat motorized wheelchair accessible? My father is in one and can't transfer out to load/unload?

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studio Restaurants

Mama Melrose at DHS is quite good IMHO of course. We have had some of our best meal experiences there over the years.

For an MK day, I would leave the Park and head over to one of the Resorts. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary or 'Ohanas or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. You can easily take the Monorail to any of them

There are some Wheelchair Accessible Boats from DHS to the Boardwalk, you may have to wait for one or you can walk over, it is a nice walk