We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal park to park ?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Universal park to park ?

Looking to buy 3 day tickets to Universal/IOA, after one day in each park will we want to visit both parks the 3rd day or do most just pick one for the 3rd day? Not sure if the added option is worth the money.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal park to park ?

Depends on your group and their likes/dislikes. We have always ventured from Park to Park. When are you visiting ? The new Harry Potter Expansion basically requires the ability to go from Park to Park.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal park to park ?

January mid week

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal park to park ?

Undercover Tourist has the 3 day park to park for $166 vs 148 for the one park tickets, so I consider it a good thing to get. FWIW, a 4 day park to park is only $178 which can be pretty tempting.

Here's a crowd calendar that may be helpful:

undercovertourist.com/planning/when-to-visit…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal park to park ?

Thanks!!! Priced tickets and AAA actually came up cheaper the undercover with the mouse saver link.

Texas
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal park to park ?

We will be there next week, and I am considering the 4 day ticket park to park so we don't stress over seeing everything in just 3 days. I am assuming with a 4 day option we can have time to see parades, shows, etc. plus stand in long lines for rides. Does anyone think we will be bored with 4 day tickets? We have never been to Universal; will be traveling with teen twin daughters who can't wait to see the Harry Potter stuff.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal park to park ?

We always get park to park.

txjeffrey - we always spend parts of 6 days in us/ioa, there's lots to see and do, you won't be bored :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal park to park ?

Still can't make up my mind. I would just hate to pay over 100.00 and not use the park to park option. Can you upgrade while there?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal park to park ?

pick the park to park , went back in 2008 with 4 days and we used the days with walking to one park to the other , went in 2010 also with a only one day ticket and took both the parks on same day :-)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal park to park ?

Mutter - your second trip is what makes me think just do one park a day if you did two in one day. Parks also close at 6 or 7 while we visit.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal park to park ?

have You been there before Macs ? if so You can just do two days, the reason we went in 2010 was that we got given tickets ;-) from a dear friend and we had all been before and really just wanted to see the Harry Potter park