We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney world for christmas

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
disney world for christmas

hello everyone.

I am looking for some help, ideas and suggestions. I am planning to go to Disney world for Christmas 2016 with my then 11 year old son. I need as much info as possible to make it a fantastic holiday for him. But I need to do it as cheap as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the cost down? i.e cheap flights from London to Orlando, cheap places to stay, cheapest way to get tickets for the parks, cheap places to eat. Please help Thanks in advance.

pa
Level Contributor
54,408 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: disney world for christmas

Cheap can mean different amounts to everyone. Do you have a specific amount of £ in mind ? With almost 3 years to plan, you "could" save quite a bit and make it a Wonderful Holiday without breaking the bank

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,597 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disney world for christmas

Are you talking Christmas week? If yes and it's your first time, it's the most crowded time of the year. Can be shoulder to shoulder in some parks.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disney world for christmas

yes I want to go at christmas for the atmosphere but I am willing to change that if its better to go at another time of year. What time of you suggest ? I hate the thought of queing for hours for one ride.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disney world for christmas

sorry i ment 2015

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,597 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disney world for christmas

Hi, the first two weeks of Dec. would be good (we just were there the first week of Dec.). Less crowds and all the Christmas decorations :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,408 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: disney world for christmas

I agree, first two weeks of December, less crowds and good discounts but all the fun and festive decorations and events

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disney world for christmas

That sounds good to me because I want to be there in the festive season but want to avoid the crowds. Thanks any more advice on how to do things cheap. I want cheap but not I want it to be nice. we will make it brilliant

kent
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: disney world for christmas

If its your first time I would stay ata Disney resort, the value resorts are great on price and you won't need a car, so money saved there! And if you plan it right you could get the free dining.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
381 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disney world for christmas

Buy the 'brit guide to Orlando 2014' off Amazon.co.uk

You have plenty of time to research so read this book it will give you a good idea of everything.

Once you've narrowed down some choices u can always ask on here for recommendations.

There are so many options available to you regarding where to stay, how long for, which parks to do, hire car or public transport etc.

Enjoy the planning though ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: disney world for christmas

It might be "less busy" in the first two weeks of December, but don't expect the place to yourself! I was there in early dec, and it was heaving with people. "Cheap flights from London"? Well good luck with that, they don't exist! Some are slightly cheaper than others, but there's not a lot of variation. In fairness, budget accommodation does exist. You can stay in a relatively cheap hotel on Idrive for less than $100 per day, and most have a shuttle to universal sites. Or look for one that goes to Disney as well.

The best advice anyone can give you is, save until you can afford a better budget and not go on the cheap. Your over all experience will be much better.