We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning an itinerary

newcastle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
planning an itinerary

Hi please can anyone help me plan an itinerary for our first trip to Disney world 11 nights in

April 2014 with my 6 year old grandson. He loves shows so would like to include some dinner shows and think he will love the parades. We have the Disney dinning plan so we need to book restaurants and we would like to try character dinning too, Also do we need to book things like the safari in animal kingdom and the shows like lion king is this included in the park entry do you get a time table of events when you arrive. It is all very daunting so any help or advice will be really appreciated. thank you

elizabeth

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,525 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning an itinerary

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

to start, here are all the menus for the restaurants. people have been making their reservations for your time period already, so get on there and see what's available. are you going at Easter time?

safari and lion king show are included in your ticket. yes you will get a times guide when you get to each park :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning an itinerary

If you want to book some special dinners, you should do that now. You can't walk up and sit down to dinner at the most popular restaurants so be sure to make reservations. For a 6 year old, consider a character meal, maybe Chef Mickeys for breakfast? Mickey and the gang are there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Make a basic plan. So what park on what days and keep that in kind when making your reservations. So Chef Mickeys is in the Contemporay Hotel, very close to MK, so I would do that park that day after breakfast. Make sure you plan some rest times where you can just enjoy the pool.

Happy Planning

Edited: 29 December 2013, 23:47
newcastle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: planning an itinerary

Hi thank you so much for your advice we are going the 5 april 2014 which is the week before easter but will be there the week leading up to easter so I expect it to be busy then going to try to do as much as possible the first week.

newcastle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: planning an itinerary

Thank you for your advice I am on to it now just deciding how many days to do in each park and where to eat etc also realised I need to get tickets for sea world and universal studios yikes !!

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
720 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning an itinerary

lizzywizzy

We are off on the 6th April so will be there at the same time. We also have the dining plan. Everyone says make reservations but I didn't think I could as on the plan. To be honest, I am not sure exactly how it works. Lets hope we have a great time :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: planning an itinerary

Ziggy, I'm going in July and have just made our ADR. We're on the standard disney plan and at peak season I was advised to book our table service restaurants as close to 180 days as possible. I did it all on My Disney Experience it was really much easier than I had thought it would be. You can only book table service not quick service! I am an avid planner so have a spreadsheet for each day etc.... Driving my husband mad but it's fun ;)

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
720 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning an itinerary

Ha ha. I need to be more like you just don't know where to begin! It's our fist trip but we are all mega excited!!!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: planning an itinerary

Our proper first trip we went as a couple 14 years ago but we hit it blind and on the first day we stood in Magic Kingdom opened mouthed and had no idea what to do or where to start! It was part of our honeymoon trip and we started in in style with a huge panic driven argument!!! Hence the spreadsheets - I think that holiday turned me into a planner! Luckily we went to Jamaica to recover!

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
720 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning an itinerary

Lorna

Thanks for that. Will definitely start to plan!

Amanda

10. Re: planning an itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 07:18