We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

We will be at Disney Thursday jan. 16- Monday 20th. We will have 5 day park hopper tickets. I am trying to plan what days we will go to the different parks. Unfortunately we will be there over MLK weekend. When you plan your itinerary do you take into account the crowd predictor? We will have our 3yr old & 6 month old with us. So we will do a park in the morning then go back to the hotel for a few hours & go back late afternoon.

pa
Level Contributor
53,830 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

MLK weekend won't have a major impact, I never look at those silly crowd calendars, they are basic guess, at best

If you are early risers, plan your days based on the Morning Extra Magic Hours, get a jump on your days with nice quiet mornings in the Parks

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

January is a relatively slow tiime at WDW, so I agree with partypa that you should not get stressed about either MLK day, or what some crowd calendar is forecasting based upon past experiences. I would also note that my wife and I have often junked our advance plans depending upon the weather. Particularly in the case of Animal Kingdom, the park is huge and there are long stretches with no good place to duck into during a rain storm, so we never go on a day when a decent amount of rain is predicted. On the other hand, we often go to Hollywood Studios on rainy days, as it is much more compact, and has lots of shops, restaurants, attractions that provide cover.

GAN
RI, USA
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

I generally will use a predictor(and I've been going for the better part of 30 adult years) -I believe that they are probably more accurate than not. Either EasyWDW or Touring Plans. The time of year you're going probably wouldn't matter a great deal, but I think they could help you make better informed decisions -especially if you're NOT part of the early risers club apparently like partypa and I are!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,302 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

We never use the crowd predictors (and we usually go at a busy time in August). We go to whatever park we feel like on the day (we don't even use the extra morning hours). Don't stress about it :)

Spokane
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help

Thank you for your replies! I am happy to hear MLK is not too busy. I will relax & enjoy the magic :)

6. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:17