We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

We were looking to go Orlando end of Sept or early Oct. 2014 when I looked at prices to get an idea of what Virgin will charge from Man to Orlando Upper Class, non-flexible, for the two of us was just under £3000 and premium economy, non-flexible, was around £2000.

My question how do I get upper lass cheap? For me, £3000 for the two of us is potentially manageable and if could get it for the same price or cheaper when I am ready to book I would take it. The other question if Upper Class on Virgin is not available then is another airline that offers similar service for a similar price?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,339 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Upper class and cheap are not words that sit well together

People who travel upper class either do so on business or don't need to worry about the cost IMHO

As for how you would get it cheap - try ringing VA and negotiating

Do you have any flying club points you could use?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

"My question how do I get upper lass cheap?"

Start playing the frequent flyer "game" and do lots of research.

Start here:

flyertalk.com/forum/…

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/vaa-amex/

http://millionmilesecrets.com/

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,249 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

There are not many Upper Class seats on flights to Orlando so I would guess they would go pretty quickly.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

I've flown Upper/Business Class on many occasions for work and to be honest the whole reason for flying UC/BC is the exclusivity and quiet. This is particularly useful on business trips when I need to work and/or sleep before landing and heading straight into a meeting.

If they started discounting them heavily then that exclusivity would be lost and they'd devalue the product. I've tried loads of times to get VA to discount upper class seats in the past but I can never get them to budge much. Discounts on Premium Economy seats can usually be had at the airport check-in though!!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Only Gold card flying club members get offered cheap upper class seats on Virgin.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Hi

I booked for October last year economy out and Premium back. 3 Days before we went they offered us a first class upgrade for £500 per person. I would have taken it but wanted to go in Jan as well.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

you sound like you can afford it , go for it.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Try posting your air travel questions here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

Hi Gunboat

LOL. would rather have 3 holidays a year than pay £500 for an upgrade, that's another flight.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get Virgin Upper Class Cheap

I'd estimate that GBP1500 pp round trip is going to be just about as good as you'll get for Upper. And they won't last long at that rate. A 747 has just 14 Upper Class suites onboard.

The only way to get it for less, I reckon, would be to buy a lesser class and upgrade with miles, if you have any. Subject to availability which is very limited so you have to be flexible and travel when THEY want you to.....