We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass plus and magic bands

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fastpass plus and magic bands

Hi ,my family and I are going in April and staying at port orleans ,I have already registered on disney website and ordered our magic bands. I love planning and organising so being able to book our fastpass plus 60 days before is perfect for us. My question is if I Pre book 3 attractions (which I understand is the max we can Pre book ) is fastpass still an option on the day in addition to these ? And would we have to wait until we have used the 3 Pre booked first ? I'm confused !!

Thank you in advance !

Dalbeattie, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

Hi Gypsy75!

I've just asked a very similar question to yours!! This Fastpass+ stuff is confusing me a wee bit!! How did you order your magic bands? I've registered on the Disney website but it doesn't show my holiday booking, we booked a package deal with Virgin staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in Oct!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,319 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

I believe they are, but the machines are being slowly removed.

If you "still" have one of the plastic cards & the machines there & there are FP slots left, you may be able to get a few of those.

We could with our Annual Passes, but that was back at Halloween & things have progressed since then.

Once your ok with the new system I think you will find it very simple, my 10 year olds understand it, if that helps you any;-);-);-)

We like what we've seen & used, "so far":-):-)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

Old FP will likely be discountinued by April, if reports coming from Disney insiders are true. FP+ will be all that's available to both Disney guests and non-guests alike by then, if the time table goes as planned.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

We booked direct with disney and had our disney reservation number ,I believe you will need to contact virgin and ask them for the disney reservation number in order for you to order your magic bands.

So to confirm with fastpass + I can only have 3 fastpasses a day regardless of whether they are Pre booked or done on the day ????

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

gypsy, the pre booked ones are limited to 3 a day. if the others are still available there's no limit on them.

Roy, UT
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

That is the thing I have been trying to figure out. I have been told by several people that ALL you get are the three fastpass + ones online and that is it! Once I heard that, I decided to make some phone calls. Here is what I have found out:

1. My travel agent said that as long as you get a key card, called Key to the World (I think), than you still can get it.

2. Called a GENERAL Disney phone number twice and they said the following:

A. First person said YES that I can use both. She said I had to talk to the front Desk to make sure I get a key card (I believe the key to the world that I mentioned earlier) so that it would work.

B. The second person said that I could, but that I could just use the Magic bands for the OLD fastpass system. That seemed weird since I thought only the fast pass + would work with the magic bands.

3. Talked to the owner of Place called ridemax (it is a planning optimizer to limit time in lines) and he said that the place that I am staying (Pop Century) is ONLY Fastpass + and nothing else. Which of course contradicts the two Disney people I talked to.

4. I called the FRONT DESK of Pop Century directly. They said, very hesitantly, that I still can use the old fast past system, but that it will eventually be phased out. She said she did not know when, but in the mean time I still can use both. She seemed hesitant to say it because it sounds like they want you to use the + system only. Then when I mentioned I would prefer the old fast pass system because I could get more fastpasses, she said that the old fastpass system is limited to 3 per day as well. I thought that was odd because I never heard that before.

So here is my conclusion: I am very confused. I am not sure who to believe because each Disney person has something different to say. However, EVERY Disney employee I have talked to has said that I will be able to do it. I guess I will see what happens. Luckily, we are going on a Saturday, but then talking Sunday off and returning to the parks Monday – Friday. If it works, than GREAT! If not, than I can adjust my plans accordingly. But it sure would be nice to know ahead of time.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 21:14
Highlands Ranch...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

Kelly L,

You should order your Magic Bands from your 'My Disney' page.

Highlands Ranch...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

I think Brice L is on the right track.

Nobody really knows the correct answer, however, I tend to lean towards being able to do both.

Do the FP kiosks in the park still take your tickets are do they want some other type of card?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

Disney hopes to get rid of the old fast pass machines by the spring, so depending on when you're going you may have no choice. If you're going before that, ask for a room key card at check in and see if they have them.

Kelly as gypsy said, you need your reservation number. Then you can set up your account on the disney website and they'll let you know when it's time to customize your bands :)

Edited: 03 January 2014, 21:25
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,319 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fastpass plus and magic bands

Old FP "machines" are slowly being removed.

I think it was Kat (sorry if it wasn't) who said, as she understood they are working for FP+ fully operational by April. (or something like that).

If you get plastic card as well as MB's you will have the option to use both. We did but that was back in October.

It's a moot point though, because as more & more people use FP+, there will be less & less time slots for the old FP.

I do sympathise with Cast Members though. I bet they get told little or nothing about the roll out of the new system.

They might find out more if they read Trip Advisor.....lol....