We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando February 2015! need some help

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Orlando February 2015! need some help

Hi everyone! I'm from Panama and I'm planning a trip to Orlando on February 2015. The thing is that I don't know where to stay. One I staid at International Palms and it was great but now they don't have free breakfast. Im looking something like that, maybe Super 8 near Universal, really don't know. Also I don't now when o where to buy park tickets. Do I bought them on internet or is more cheaper one Im there.

Please help!

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Which Parks are you planning to visit ? Will you rent a car ?

We can suggest options that will fit well, with a bit more info :)

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Thanks partypa! ok Im planning visit Universal (both Island of Adventure and Universal) and Seaworld. Yes I will rent a car.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

We are planning on going october 2015. We are going to book the flights about 10 months before we go. For 2014 they have stayed the same really so far.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Have you considered staying on site at Universal? You get the express pass built in with your stay (if you are going president's week in Feb. it will be crowded). They have a free shuttle to/from Seaworld from the hotels there :)

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Ok, I'm planning to book flights like in may hope stays the same as 2013. I have considered princess41 but I'm going just for 6 days I don't know if the express pass is good for a few days only. The date I'm planning is from february 7 to 13. I think President's Day is on the 16th.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

We stayed 6 nights at Portofino last Sept. 2012 (our third time there). We didn't rent a car, just took a cab back and forth to airport. Took the free shuttle to Seaworld and Wet n Wild (don't know if it will be warm enough for a water park in Feb.). The express pass is good for you whole stay/length of tickets. We had length of stay tickets, we were in and out of us/ioa every day and/or night :)

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Oh that's great! I think is cold on February but I will check. Others hotels beside Portofino?

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Close by but less expensive would be the Double Tree, it is an easy walk to Universal, shuttle service to Seaworld

With 6 days to visit, I don't think you will "have to" have an Express Pass

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

The other two on site (with express pass) are Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific Hotel. We went at a quiet time and still enjoyed having the express pass and we just enjoy being on site anyway (boat or walk to the parks and Citiwalk). Nice and cozy :)

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando February 2015! need some help

Ok perfect I will check both!! Another thing is how can I safe on meals. Coupons?