We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

im totally confused, help please

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
im totally confused, help please

Ok so the last time I was at disneyworld was 20 years ago and we just booked, bought tickets for parks and then went and stood in queues to get on rides.

I have booked for this year and staying on sitr for a week and when I read forums about people doing my disney experience, customising magic bands and booking fast passes I havent a clue what this all means.

I have went into my booking and dont see anything that tells me I have to do this or how to do it so is it not th

e case that you turn up, check into hotel, gets ur tickets for parks and away you go?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: im totally confused, help please

Fast pass is a ride rationing system that involves making an appointment beforehand. No idea about magic bands. There's also the stuff with Extra Magic Hours.

It's all perfect for people who plan everything in minute detail, and go home certain that they've beaten out the clueless or lazy schmucks who didn't make the effort.

scotland
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: im totally confused, help please

Thank you for your help bluerusso, im afraid I like to go on holiday and just go with the flow as they say, im honestly not lazy lol but I live by the clock all year round and when on holiday I cant imagine prebooking meals or to go on a ride at a certain time, maybe just maybe I have done the wrong thing booking to go back to florida and should have booked to go back to my beloved Bulgaria instead( o I so hope not)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: im totally confused, help please

Hi Janet (I think you said you're going in July?), so regular fast passes should be a thing of the past by then. So you will just have fast pass + (which you can reserve 60 days ahead of your trip). You'll need an account on WaltDisneyWorld.com (do you have that yet?). Your tickets will be on there and you'll get a email to customize the magic bands (that will get you into your room, into the parks, etc.). You'll pick up the bands at check in at the hotel.

Now in saying all that, you do not have to pick fast passes if you don't want, you could even pick them the night before or day of. It's up to you.

Do you have the dining plan? If so you'll want to make advanced dining reservations 180 days ahead so you don't waste any credits (you could also call the day of and see what's available if you're flexible, any you really want though you should make ADRs for.)

scotland
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: im totally confused, help please

Yea princess41 it is July I am booked for, first got myself worked up about whether I had doen the right thing booking Coronada and now all this, what am I like lol

am I being silly but I dont want to do all the fastpast plus booking thing and I booked through disneyinternational.co.uk and dont see anything thats lets me link things anyway.

we have the qsdp because yet again I didnt want to book dining way ahead as woukd ruin my holiday for me I feel

just my feelings of course and maybe when I get there I will feel different and want to book everything lol

I just want to go and spend all day in the parks soaking up the atmosphere, riding a few rides and enjoying how friendly and welcoming th.e people are .

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: im totally confused, help please

We didn't use fast pass + at all (expect the last day, my daughter and her friend used them in HS and they picked them on their way over in the morning on the phone app). My niece and her family stayed off site so they didn't have them so it didn't make sense for us to use them. qsdp should work for you then, again don't worry, plenty of choice.

I love your last sentence there, do it the way you want, don't worry what others are doing :)

scotland
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: im totally confused, help please

Thank you so much for reassuring me, im sure when I get there all will become clear x

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: im totally confused, help please

Do be prepared for the heat and summer rain.

For what it's worth, Science (the scientific journal) this week has a nice summary of research on the origin of Britain's megaliths, the standing stones and such, including Stonehenge. Looks like the first ones were on Orkney, along with very early grain farming. I've been no closer than Edinburgh (an unplanned four-hour stay).

Edited: 04 January 2014, 02:35
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: im totally confused, help please

Janet as your going in July you should be able to "customise" your magic bands now.

Pick a colour, add a name.

Go to the main Disneyworld site. Open My Disney Experience. If you've registered on disneyinternational.co.uk try & log in with the same log in. If it won't let you, then just register as a new account.

Once that's up & running, your hotel booking should be under "my reservations" if not you will see a "link reservations" button. Just follow that to link your booking.

Once that's done, go into "magic bands & cards" you should from there get a heading "customise your MB's".

You will have a date somewhere in June/July which you should do that by. Once customised you can go back in, until that date to make any changes.

You will confirm your address & it will give a posting notice. Don't worry about that, they only post to the US (Canada??) you will pick them up, when you check in.

Don't forget to ask for the "Dated Strap Bands". It's a little illuminous band, which stops the strap from opening. It's great for the kids;-);-)

If you don't want to do that, they will just allocate you standard grey bands at check in.

We go July/August & have customised our bands already. As we move resorts, we've got bands for both resorts:-) my two have been back in to "change them" twice already as they can't make up their minds on the colours they want;-);-)........kids.......

Don't worry it's simple really, once you work out which buttons to click......lol......

Once your there you won't worry about Bulgaria I'm sure. So much has changed since your last trip 20 years ago.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 05:26
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: im totally confused, help please

Call me old-fashioned but I am with you on this one Janet, as there is no way I would want to pick restaurants/rides months in advance either!

scotland
Level Contributor
640 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: im totally confused, help please

Mike C thank you, I will go and try that now and no doubt I will be back here shortly asking again, lol

traveller from UK so glad someone else feels the same way, I must be old fashioned too lol