We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Would really like to say I've eaten a Krusty burger... But what are the best food options in the area?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,897 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Springfield???

minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Simpsons area expansion at universal.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Krusty burger was a lot like a school cafeteria burger... Not saying don't get it, because hey, it's a krusty burger! Cletus' chicken was pretty good. I would have liked to try the bumblebee man taco truck but we didn't get a chance. The big pink from lard lad's donuts was an excellent donut- really good. Make sure you get your picture w/ your donut next to the lard lad statue if you get one! Have fun!

minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Are any of the Simpsons eateries available with the meal deal?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

No they are not bgreen :)

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

I can't wait to see the new Springfield area, I wish they had some Lisa inspired Vego foods for me though. Some nice Vego Hotdogs or Burgers would be nice :) But not the cold beetroot soup thanks ;)

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

I think the new quick service meal plan might actually include the Springfield fast food places. The old plan certainly did not include any, but check this link- it looks like they might be in it now?

orlandoinformer.com/universal/dining-plan/

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

Interesting JLG,thanks for the link. the old meal deal is gone. But if you read through, there is really no discount for the quick service, so what's the point I guess? Before it was unlimited but now it's not so no point really :)

minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

I just started looking into this. They no longer do the "meal deal"?? It's just a dining plan for on site guests now? That sucks if so...

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best eats in Springfield after at US?

In reading the whole thing though, much like a disney dining plan, there's not much if any savings (everyone would have to order the most expensive thing on the menu). Pay out of pocket and get exactly what you want you'll be fine. The quick service plan is not a good deal anyway.