We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Hi,

We're staying at POR and plan to get up and into the parks as early as possible in the mornings and aim to have a cereal bar, fruit and juice on the go then use our dining plan snack to keep us going until lunch. We are not driving (through choice) and I have been looking at the garden grocer however we have very little we would need just the breakfast items really and I will probably bring some cereal bars etc from home. Would it be worthwhile to use the garden grocer service or would the items be available at the resort store for a reasonable price - I know their will be a premium for the convenience. We may even add on some beer who knows ;)

Any experience and advice much appreciated.

L

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Are you sure you don't want soda, juice and milk or alcohol items for your room? Most would at least want some coke, milk and orange juice and that would bump up your spend for garden grocer. I would want wine and beer too. After all, Por has fridges in rooms?

I am a terrible cheapskate so would go with garden grocer, or go to the Hess store at DTD on arrival day/night and stock up.

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

We use Garden Grocer if staying in a Disney Resort Villa and plan to spend more time at the Resort than the Parks, want a lite breakfast and lunch and snacks for the kids without running to the food court and gift shop throughout the day. If we stay in a Standard room, visit the Parks from morning til late night and have the Dining Plan, the credits more than cover everything we could possible eat. So at POR, 2 snack Credits would cover a Fruit Bowl ( $3.49 ) and a 16oz Orange Juice ( $2.99 ) and would be enough to share between 2 of us for breakfast. Here is the List of items covered by your Snack Credits to give you an idea of what's available and the costs

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Partypa we will eat breakfast a few days but neither my husband or I eat early but the wee monkey does so for the days we want to get to the park early I'm planning on letting her get a longer sleep and eat some fruit and a cereal bar on the way there rather than having to go via the food court. Or can you get snack items at the store?

amanx that sounds like exactly like the list we really need ;) but I wasn't sure the fridge would be big enough? I assumed it would be like a small hotel room mini bar size? Is it bigger and talk enough for a bottle of wine/juice?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,514 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Yes the fridge is a small hotel size (no freezer). You can take out a shelf for something tall. You can get snack items and drinks at the store there or do as Amanx says, go to the hess store (sounds like that's what you need).

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Yes, you can get snack items in the gift shop

There are photos of the gift shop in the Link I post ( more often than not ) www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

PS don't be surprised if your wee monkey is up at the crack of Dawn and suddenly has more energy than you have ever seen. Kids are somehow transformed, as if by Magic, while you are there :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

I'm sure she will be... I can't wait we have lots of surprises in store for her! Starting on the plane when she finds our we're not really going to Spain ;)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

I'm sure she will be... I can't wait we have lots of surprises in store for her! Starting on the plane when she finds our we're not really going to Spain ;)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

Things like wine and beer dont need to all be chilled- just when you need them. So could stay out until there was room. If there is an ice machine, you don't need to chill sodas either.

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

RE :""You can take out a shelf for something tall. You can get snack items and drinks at the store there or do as Amanx says, go to the hess store (sounds like that's what you need).""

What is the Hess Store and where is it located? Does it sell bottled water and Cereal? Are you allowed to bring bottled water into the Parks ?

Can I get access to Grocery Stores by public (e.g. Bus) transportation if we are staying on Disney Property

I apologize for these type of basic question, but I am not too familiar with the Disney World Forum. Is there a topic/question link where these basic questions/answers could be found? The topics go/increase so fast that it's possible that recent threads/questions have already addressed these questions?

Thanks

Edited: 27 March 2014, 16:12
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,547 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of Snacks in resort grocery stores

The Hess store is the gas station convenience store. There is one by the Boardwalk and one by Downtown Disney. They would sell cereal and water along with most basic grocery items.

You can absolutely bring bottled water into the parks. In addition, any quick service location with fountain soda can provide you with a cup of water free of charge.

I have never used the public transportation in Orlando so can't help you there, but I have walked to the Gooding's Supermarket at Crossroads from Downtown Disney a couple times. I think most will say that is too far, but I walk to work everyday so a mile or two is nothing to me.

There is a top questions section on the top right of the screen if you are on a computer that has some links to common questions.