We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

We will be traveling in May. Our first time in Disney ! :) It is my husband and I, and our kids 6, 5 and 1. The 1 year old will be in a pack n play. Trying to narrow down resorts. Need advice or opinions please. Would you do a Value resort if so you favorite. Or Moderate? So far we have narrowed it down to Pop Century, Art of Animation or Port Orleans Riverside, French Quarter. I really want to stay at Wilderness Lodge but might not be able to budget it this time. Is it worth it ?

Thank you so much for any help !

Tracy

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

I would go with Art of Animation. It is a fun resort for kids that age. They have a great kiddie splash pool and food court. The suites have kitchens and two bathrooms

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

The kids will enjoy any Resort

The AoA suites will be more $ than a Moderate Resort so based on that, I would go with Port Orleans Riverside, more amenities the grown ups might like

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

I will throw this out to you

A New Spring Room Discount will be announced tomorrow, Monday January 6th. The Wilderness Lodge might be more affordable with that. Just Sayin' ;-)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111366

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

I'd also go for Art of animation, whilst your children are still young you can still all share the same room. We've stayed at pop century and really enjoyed it, so if pops a lot cheaper you could opt for there. :)

4. Re: Family of 5 Would you choose Value or Moderate Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 05:18