We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

7. 40 am in the villa.

For those travelling v.a ,I really don't see the point in using online check in! We used it for the first time ,scanned the iPhone on arrival and then you stand their putting all your info in and basically doing the airlines work for them.then after all that ,you still go up to the desk we have always gone up to ,to get the luggage checked in and weighed etc..what is the benefit of this ?other than having no luggage at all with you,I don't see it !

Anyway,we had Requested ! Upstairs on the flight ,but as people have said on here ,if the flight has a lot of empty seats they close upstairs to economy.so we were near to the back ,again ,I really do not see the point of having a seat plan request service ! Just put us where you feel like ,and lets get on with our holiday,it's just another hassle for me!

Flight was really good ,we were on a 747, and there seemed to be a lot of legroom(or I am shrinking;).food was average,,,lukewarm lasagne first ,a tiny key lime cheesecake (which was nice,just not enough;),then we all got given a "fab" ice lolly ( in Liverpool we call it a lolly ice ,but I have come to learn,we are the only people on earth who call it that,so I thought I would translate ;).

Then we got given cheese and pickle fingers ,that seem to have been left over from the captains Boxing Day buffet ,and packaged up for v a flights for the following 2 weeks;).

By the way ,the lolly ice:) !! Was the funniest part of the flight ,because it must have been really deep frozen ,and you ran the gauntlet of trying to lick it without your lip or tongue sticking to it almost instantly .flight entertainment was spot on ,lots of films and tv and games.

Immigration,,it was just our plane ,so we were basically behind ,whoever we were behind on the plane,,it took about 30 minutes,,not bad ,as last year (same date) we were 2 hours.

Alamo ..we checked in online,,,now this did work!! Hooray,spoke to a virgin holidays rep and I told her that we did not print off the agreement ,she said that's fine ,just give them the confirmation number that we had saved to the wife's phone,,,straight to the garage ,and pick a 7seater ,no fuss.

One tip,maybe Alamo should make it clear to customers that we do not really need to print off the agreement ,,it saves time and saves paper,but overall an excellent service.

So we set off to Kissimmee,and went through the first toll $1.50 ,and then got to the second toll,,unmanned ,,arrrghh it was 75 cents,,guess what I had left? Yep,,,,50 ,,so I pulled forward a little,waited for another driver to pull up behind me ,and he kindly give me change of a dollar,,phew!,,,but wait!,,,I put the 75 in ,,it displayed the word. ,,,thank you,,,,as I drove forward , abuzz sounded!,,I pulled over ,and looked everywhere for maybe a number to call or someone,,but there was nothing ,,,well, I totally lost it ,lol, ef fing and blinding and hating everything in Orlando,,haha,we drove to the villa in silence ,well I did ,the wife 2 dd,s and dd,s bf ,,giggling in the back. So I need to get the toll marker number now and hopefully ,just pay the toll fee and a $2.50 fee,,,hey ho.,,please be aware that you need change for the unmanned tolls ,,I know I read it on here ,but I totally forgot about it ,and it was the first time in 6 visits here ,that I have encountered one.

Anyway,had 9 hours sleep and we are all up now,we were going to go to mk ,but we are going shopping instead( we like our clothes too much) ,we just told the youngest that mickey was having a day off today( evil parents ;).

Watching th weather channel now ,and it's going to be cold for two days ,and then heating right up into the 80's,,we have got 3 weeks here so were not too bothered.

Hope I haven't gone on too much,but I know some people(especially first timers)like to hear about the mundane stuff.

P.s,,,the flight was made even better,by the man united fan in front of me kicking off to his wife because united had lost at home again,,,lol. Shame.

Best regards ollie

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

It is supposed to freeze in the morning and won't get warm at all on Tuesday. I might save my shopping day for Tuesday or Wednesday. Glad you arrived safely.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Sounds like a good start apart from the unmanned toll booth . Hope you get some bargains at the shops.

I noticed that the weather in Orlando had to be cold for a few days then warm up again. We still have the wind & rain !

Oh, and you are a bad parent for saying Mickey is having a day off :-) Your daughter could be traumatised LOL

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Lol Ollie Mr Grumpy :-)

Can't wait for our lolly ice

Where is your villa?

Edited: 06 January 2014, 13:45
County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

An upset united fan my favorite kind

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Oh dear have had many of those kind of drives ourselves!! DH & I argue the most while driving (usually while I'm driving mind you)!

Now I am wondering what a lolly ice is....maybe it's what we cal an ice block...? Which is like a frozen flavoured/coloured block of ice on a stick. Maybe I should google it :)

Glad you arrived safely & yes evil parents!!!!! lol

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Mine too Galway :-)))

Yorkshire Uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

we are arriving in orlando wed evening for 3 nights before we drive down to miami. Will I need a fleece. just packing now.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

You will need to take something warm to wear in the evenings it can get a wee bit chilly it's still winter although not winter as we know it in the UK

We went last February and had a few chilly days

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

York1, if you wear your fleece for travelling, you will have it with you. We always take ours and if they don't get worn, so much the better!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safely arrived,,not much fuss:))

Tonight and Tuesday night are going to be the really bad nights. Wednesday looks cool, but not near as bad. You should always bring something warm this time of year just in case.

One week, four seasons: it was 80 on Sunday, it is going to freeze tonight and be 80 again by Thursday.