We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels

Hi all. im looking to book a holiday for myself and hubby and our 4 children. I would like to take them to a disney hotel with it being our first time but i will be on a budget. What i would like to know is can anyone recommend hotels near Disney (that are not Disney) if we cant afford the disney price. Also is it easy to get to universal studios from the disney end eg: buses etc. Or would it be easier to get a villa. The only thing putting us off a villa is my husband doesnt want to drive??? Also how much am i looking at for eating out. Any help would be fab. We was thinking of going march/april time because i heard its not to hot and not to crowded.

Thank you x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

What about staying on idrive? Many hotels offer free transport to both disney and universal, the ramada plaza, quality inn on sandlake, travel lodge to name a few.

Also idrive has most of tge popular resturaunts on it, so very easy to navigate without a car. Also you have the iride trolley which will take you to the outlets for shopping, its cheap and frequent

Jenna xx

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

thank you i will have a look at them now x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Try travelrepublic for prices, we are staying in the Rosen inn at the pointe in May for £34 a room per night, loads of other hotels available ,

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

Be careful not to go at Easter as I believe it is one of the busiest times of the year for the theme parks. March may also be pretty busy with Spring Breakers?

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
50 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

We have stayed at The Buenva Vista Palace before, close to Disney and wasn't too pricey. Alternatively look at Condo's. My mum rents hers out and is at Cane Island which is 10 mins from Disney and 25 mins from Universal, both driving. Itz £400 per week not per person. If you want anymore info let me know.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
720 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

I have been told on other threads that April is a lovely time for the weather and yes it is busy but it's Disney! Our friends go in July and it's very busy then so no matter when you go if you plan you will have a great time!! Good luck :)

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
50 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels

We normally budget around $80-100 per day for all meals but only three of us. We tend to have a cheap day such as Pizza Hut or Ale House and then a couple more expensive ones such as Hard Rock Cafe or House of Blues. Breakfast we eat at Perkins which is lovely but Ponderosa do a all you can eat breakfast buffet which is really cheap. I would recommend Bahama Breeze which serves lovely Caribbean inspired food, fab cocktails and yummy puddings, the pineapple cakeis to die for.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
50 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels

Beunva Vista palace was nice and my mum also has a condo to rent close to Disney if you interested.

9. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19