We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 1.. Shopping.

First full day.

Got up at 7.30 ish,,wrote my flight tr ,and then when the rest of the mob come out of the rooms ,we uncovered the lovely ,warm pool ,jumped in and messed around for an hour or so.

The sun was out ,and it was quite warm until about midday ,and then you could feel it start to get colder and there was a a sharp breeze too.

We travelled up to the Florida mallFlorida mall about lunchtime .macys is always where we park ,and we always have a root around in there first to get an idea on prices (Brit tip,,always ask an assistant about the 10%off card for visitors ,you just have to show i.d,and it can save you a few dollars).

Stock seemed to be a bit low ,and we didn't end up buying anything in there.

Headed to the food court and got the orange chicken and fried rice from ,,china max,,$6.50 for two entrees with the rice...followed by 8 churro s from churro mania covered in chocolate sauce $5.50.

Onto the shopping now...Armani exchange ,,,no stock.....Adidas ,,,,,no stock ......jc Penney,,,,loads of stock ,but I wouldn't be seen dead in there;).

The mrs ended up buying a load of outfits from dillards for the youngest ,and a few things from the Disney store.we left about 3 and headed to premium outlets ,,,the one near to sea world.parked in the multi storey and walked across to the elevator,,,now it had gotten quite cold rapidly (I say cold ,,but not as cold as back home ,but when you are walking around in your borat mankini ,it's cold ).

We went to Hugo boss,,,not bad but ,I wasn't in the mood by then ,and a/x ( no stock ,I.e t shirts),so we called it a day ,as we still had to do our "big shop" at Walmart...done that and then went to Applebee's about 7.30..pretty busy for a Monday evening ,,ten minute wait and then we were seated .four adult meals $45 with two portions of buffalo wings ,,I got the steak with jacket spud,,,mrs got chicken and shrimp,,dd got shrimp(massive ,and wasted;)..dd,s bf got the half rack of ribs...4 soft drinks and a kids meal. Came too $64.. So I gave the waitress 65 and told her to go ahead and keep the change;)))))))).

It was a lovely meal and I can highly recommend it .

It's gonna be a cold one tomorrow so we don't quite know what we will do,,but I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for reading .best regards ollie

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
796 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Ollie I'd say you looked stunning walking around in your mankini. Wish I was around to see :P

I love reading the shopping days. :) when we went to the Florida mallFlorida mall we didn't think there was much available either. All we bought was golf balls from the m&m shop lol.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Bit nippy round the old man bits, Ollie, in the mankini !

Sorry to say floridas not going to escape.

a little of horrible cold weather from other areas of the us is drifting down. sure it won't spoil things for you though.

Have a fab time

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Great start, (need to get that image out of my head, lol!;) Hope your shopping days get better, nothing worse than going out with cash and nothing you want to buy! :((

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

I actually laughed out loud at the mankini comment!!!

These are great TRs Ollie, keep them coming. I always like to hear about the food and how much it costs. Glad to see you're up to speed with the tipping etiquette ;-)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,557 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

I LOVE Applebees boneless BBQ wings

Way to on the the tip Ollie lol

What's wrong with JC Penny's I like it in there - maybe it's an age thing - is it like shopping in M&S in the UK?

Sounds like you're having fun Ollie - keep em coming

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

ha ha, I would suggest a few layers next time over your mankini, just incase you encounter another 'sharp breeze'. ;0) Have fun, keep the TR's coming.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,557 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Just seen in the news the cold weather is moving south Ollie

You might want to get a fur lined crotch for your mankini

London
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Sorry - I went to Orlando in December with my friend and probably bought all the stock! ...judging our 3 full cases of 32KG each and my huge credit card bill!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

I said you'd overdone it LondonHoli, hopefully they will have restocked by the time I go in 28 days. ;-)

Good TR Ollie, keep them coming, stop being so extravagant with you tipping, you put the rest of us to shame ;-)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,557 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report 1.. Shopping.

Shirl are you there 6th March?