We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,330 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Before the month is done, all Disney resort guests will be using Magic Bands exclusively.

wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/04jan201…

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

At last should be an end to the debate over which to use LOL

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,441 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Changing to the debate now of "which colour should I get";-);-)

dc
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

I used the magic band in August. It was a bit confusing. Why would someone set up their fast passes a week or more in advance? If you have hopper pass there is no way to know where you will be that one day/days. Then on the day you want to change it the ride you want is completely full. Then what if your phone dies?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,441 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Quote :- Why would someone set up their fast passes a week or more in advance?

That's just what millions of people are going to be doing though:-):-)

We've done it & have also been able to change rides. We like it for the fact you can book (popular) rides for later in the day, then not have to get up & out early for rope drop:-):-)

If your phone dies, you can use areas set up in the parks to check out your MDE.

Like the system so far. Time will tell as they tweak things in the future.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

3emilys if you have problem with your phone battery I'd suggest you go and get one of these portable battery re-charging devices. It's hardly a problem that cannot be overcome.

Mike, we'll not that grotty grey hey!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,441 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

lineandalan.

They might end up with a surplus of "grotty grey" that no one wants, so will not give us the choice & we'll all have to use them....lol...

Or worse still "Grotty Grey Free" or "Choose a different colour for only $$$$" ;-);-) (plus tax)

Just imagine the millions of folk going through the hotels over there & they decide to charge even $2 each.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Absolutely, I can see anything!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

This fits with what a guest relations cast member told us when we renewed our annual passes last month: after all the resorts have switched over, we would hear about converting the plastic card annual passes -- probably in February, he said. Right now, typical annual pass holders are not eligible for magic bands or Fastpass+ unless, I assume, we are actually staying at a participating resort.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 10:32
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,441 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

Hi PhotoTravels...

As you are AP holder (is it activated yet?) can you not book FP+?? at all.

Were AP holders, they are activated & I can book FP+ right now:-). Even though our next holiday is not until July/August. Obviously only for the 60 day window, but I've just tried & they are bookable:-):-)

I get the bit about MB's not being available yet, but your AP number can be linked to your MDE account.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 16:16
10. Re: All Disney Resorts Going Only Magic Bands By End of January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21