We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Hi, we're looking to stop at Lake Buena Vista this October and although we'll have a car we'd like the option of walking into Downtown Disney. Are only the 7 downtown Disney hotels within walking distance or are the others in the crossroads area walkable too? Any recommendations for that area?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

There are a number of hotels very close by

Wyndham grand orlando resort

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort

Marriott Village - Fairfield Suites and Spring hill Suites (adjacent to the Bahama Breeze, Golden Corral and BJ brewhouse)

sheraton Vistana a resort that I would highly recommend

At the top end of international drive close to the premium outlets you have the Floridays and also the Sheraton Vistana Villages. If you have a car, it's a very quick drive to downtown Disney

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

That depends on your definition of walkable. If you want to, I'd probably stick with the http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

It's a very high traffic congestion area. Even if you were willing to walk from some of the others, you may find it prohibitive due to that, or the hot/humid weather much of the year, etc.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

We stayed in radisson lake Buena vista and loved it.. Fab hotel:)

Letchworth...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

We just stayed at The Holiday Inn DTD. It took 5 minutes to walk to DTD and we'd have to try really hard to fault the place. Great breakfast, huge room, nice pool, gym, games room, all for about $120 a night.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Stick to the 7 hotels on Hotel Boulevard, even the Best Western is about a 15 -20 minute walk to DTD

London
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Likewise, would stick to the hotels on Hotel Boulevard or Hilton Bonnet Creek - the other hotels on the 535 are fine but you will spend loads of time walking about. Although they don't look far, the time taken is greater than you think! I don't mind a walk but would rather the extra time now. I've stayed at the Buena Vista Palace (as it was), Hilton, Grosenvor (now Wyndham) which were pretty local. Also stayed at the Sheraton Safari and the Sheraton Vistana resort.I've heard great things about the Holiday Inn and there have been some great deals Now we always have a car for convenience and wouldn't be without.

Have a fab time!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

on another note, if you have not booked already British Airways are offering some excellent deals at the moment. I booked for November this year and was stunned at how cheap I got the package for.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Agree with Hayles_s, some great deals with BA at the moment. Booked up last week for May, and was £100 or so cheaper per person through BA than TC or Thomson.

Quite a few hotels provide shuttle services to the parks, also worth considering if just outwith walking distance.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,908 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

It depends how much you like to walk. I would not recommend walking from the Marriott Village or the sheraton Vistana as SR535 is very dangerous. Floridays is not walkable to anything as it is quite isolated. We often stay at the Staybridge suites LBV and walk to DTD from there but its several miles and we are used to walking a lot. The DTD hotels are great and much more convenient to DTD

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,728 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Buena Vista Hotels

Another it depends. I always walk from DTD to my favorite restuarant - Ale House at least once a trip. It is a little over a mile and a half and I find it to be a very easy walk and I usually pop over to Crossroad's for some groceries too, so I would say yes to exploring hotels outside of those 7. I agree that the Marriott Village is in a location unsafe to make that walk from though. The sidewalks are iffy turning right out of Hotel Plaza Boulevard.

If you are looking for like a 5-10 minute walk though, stick to the DTD hotels.