We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World for Adults

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whiteville, North...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disney World for Adults

We are going to Disney World in February for a business trip. No kids, just adults. Not interested in the Magic Kingdom or rides. Staying a few days. We are definitely getting tickets for The Blue Man Group but was wondering what other adults suggest. Any ideas

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World for Adults

Well, many adults here would recommend the parks. Perhaps you would like Epcot.

Blue Man Group is at CityWalk at Universal not at Disney. Downtown Disney has Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. They also have a fun bowling alley and a fork and screen dine in movie theatre. Both places have a number of good restaurants and bars.

Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World for Adults

There is more there for adults than what you think. I would certainly recommend the worlds side of Epcot. Since you are there on business you could probably spend a couple evenings at that side of Epcot. if you want to avoid rides altogether you can see animals at animal kingdom. Plenty to do there without having to ride rides to pass time. There are plenty of shows and dinner type shows. You could go see the Fantasmic show at the studios park.

As the other person mentioned, downtown Disney is an option, some restaurants, an irish pub type deal and shopping. I honestly wasn't impressed with downtown Disney (just enjoyed the parks more) but it may be more for you with your trip.

There is an espnzone restaurant at the epcot resorts. if you are a bball fan there will be some good college basketball games going in Feb.

my wife was a big Disney fan as a kid and still loves it. I am not much of a fan, but we went a couple years ago for her 30th bday and had a great time. in fact we are planning another trip for our 5th anniversary. We do not have kids.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World for Adults

There are different types of rides at the theme parks. At Disney's MK, for example, the children's rides like Dumbo and the active thrill rides like Space Mountain may not appeal to you. But, there are also less active attractions where the ride merely transports you from place to place so you can see more. The safari at Aanimal Kingdom is an example, as the jeeps carry you from place to place and species to species, and is not designed to be a thrill ride that shakes you up.

Even the MK has some less active rides that can appeal to adults, such as the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. We have been at business conferences at Disney (and Universal & Sea World) that included a half day or so ("recreational" or "social" session) in one of the parks, and everyone found something enjoyable to do, with or without children. Sometimes, the rides are a nice break from walking -- a chance to sit down.

If you want to only walk around, then EPCOT's World Showcase section mentioned above is a good choice, but even there, some of the international pavilions have simple rides or movie theatres to showcase their countries. There are also themed shops and restaurants (note that several of the restaurants book up quickly and may not be accessible on the spur of the moment). The World Showcase section of EPCOT opens later than the park itself, usually around 11 a.m.

I'd recommend taking a look at the attractions at each park, and deciding which attractions and rides appeal most to your particular tastes.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 10:12
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,686 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World for Adults

Since you have said "No" to MK and rides, I will leave it at that and not try to sway you otherwise. I think the only thing worth the price of admission given those tastes would be EPCOT World Showcase. You can walk around and see the exhibits, shows, and try some local food and drink at a leisurely pace. Illuminations - the fireworks show at night - is also very nice.

Downtown Disney has never appealed to me as a kid or an adult, so other than La Nouba I don't see much more to do there than eat.

There is nighttime entertainment at the Boardwalk, including a dueling piano bar called Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall.

You could also go to the Polynesian Resort to watch Wishes from the beach without having to pay admission.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
347 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World for Adults

Having done Disney (primarily Disneyland on "other coast) pre and post kids ie for "dates" and then dates with hubby, I would AVOID MK at all costs. My kids ages 18 and 12 even didnt like most because too many screaming kids and a lot of parents who just dont care and let their kids run wild. And we were there on a LOW attendence day.

DEFINATELY second the Epcot park. Make reservations at one of the nice sit down restaurants. They also now have wine sampling at a lot of countries.

Also a lot of folks DONT like Animal Kingdom as not enough rides which might be a reason to like.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World for Adults

One of our favorite things to do is Indoor Skydiving - http://orlando.iflyworld.com/

Whiteville, North...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World for Adults

Thanks everyone! You've given us some great ideas! We appreciate your taking the time to make suggestions. We are excited to go, just hoping for warm weather and sunshine!

8. Re: Disney World for Adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17