We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

Seattle, Washington
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

Plan is to visit 2 family to Orlando in February. Kids age 3,4,8,9. We plan to spend 11 days. This is my first trip to Orlando so it would be great if you guys can help with plans.

We plan to stay 6 days in Disney onsite resort & remaining in VRBO. I would like us to cover atleast top attractions. (Disney, Universal). There are so many other parks and beach in Orlando so need opinion from experts what are best things for us to cover and the order of travel.

From Disney & Universal so many rides, is there any way to plan your day for good coverage?

I don't plan to stay onsite Universal resort as i found very expensive so we will be standing in line for every ride. It would be great if you can advice which day i should go to get less crowded.

Day 0: Arrived

Day1 : Feb 15th

Day2 :

Day3 :

Day4 :

Day5 :

Day6 :

Day7 :

Day8 :

Day9 :

Day10 :

Day11 : Feb 25

Day 12: Leaving

Thank you all my friends.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

Your first three full days (Presidents' Day weekend) will be rather busy at the theme parks.

Since you're doing the Disney theme parks in a block, you have the choice (if reservations are still available) of doing them first or saving them till last. The latter runs the risk of impatient kids, or discovering that one or more theme park needs to be re-visited but there isn't time. I'm not sure I see a full solution.

Weather is seldom a concern for visiting theme parks (in winter, it's usually nice enough, although cold snaps are possible. It's usually dry and sunny, though this winter has so far been relatively wet, by Florida standards).

I suppose at least one kid would like to see the Kennedy Space Center and/or its surroundings (Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge with a wildlife drive and visitor center, and Canaveral National Seashore).

With a bit of planning, you can be reasonably sure of seeing wild manatees at warm-water spots where they shelter in winter, One such is Blue Spring State Park, northeast of Orlando (accessible if you rent a car). At Blue Spring, you can also visit Florida scrub-jays, a bit different from the western species that sometimes inhabits urban areas.

Our beaches are without rocky headlands and without the Pacific's huge waves and genuinely cold water. February ocean water temperatures are cool, except for mid 70s roughly from Palm Beach County south through Miami Beach and the Keys. That's a long day trip for warmer water. The National Weather Service has useful daily surf-zone forecasts for both coasts:

Daytona Beach to Fort Pierce on the Atlantic:

www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php…

Gulf coast:

forecast.weather.gov/product.php…

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

This Feb? Do you have your hotel reservation yet? the week of the 15th will be a bit crowded, it's president's week/winter break. some schools have the whole week off.

Seattle, Washington
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

yeah, we are coming on same week

4. Re: Orlando Experts, Please help building my travel itinerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:30