We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlottesville
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

we have a 2 and 4 year old, and have 2 full days, and 1 half day when we arrive. The boys are young, so have no real requests at this point. What do you suggest we definitely hit at Disney and Sea World?

Where is a good place to stay location-wise to be able to do both? We will have a rental car.

Thank you so much!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

I'm reminded of wandering into Edinburgh, Scotland, for 4 hours, without any prior planning.

Anyhow, at those ages, the Magic Kingdom might be worth a full day, depending on the kids' durability. It has been growing, with new attractions opening in the Fantasyland area. Sea World perhaps need not take up a full day,

Given the time constraint, I wonder whether an (expensive) Disney hotel on the monorail circuit near Disney World might be worthwhile to help keep the kids' batteries charged.

Sea World is pretty easy to drive to from nearly anywhere.

Others with kid experience will no doubt offer more useful tips and suggestions.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

Answered the separate accommodation question. 1 day SeaWorld 1 day Magic Kingdom. Hopefully weather will be warm and you can just recharge, maybe swim, on the half day. Doesn't sound like enough time to tackle a third park especially if you have a flight to catch. Perhaps a good opportunity for a character meal at one of the Disney hotels. Though a reservation may be hard to come by at this point. Check Chef Mickey's, Ohana breakfast, Cape May Cafe.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 13:32
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

Again, when are you going? This can make all the difference in whether you can cover MK in one day or if you'll need more.

Va
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

I would go 1 day MK, one sea world and the half at DTD. There is no need to spend $100 a person for a half day at any park. Downtown Disney is free. I would stay either in Lake Buena Vista or near Sea World on I-drive or a DTD hotel. If you are rich, stay onsite at Disney.

5. Re: 2.5 days, want to see the best of Sea World and Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17