We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annual Pass Transfer

swansea
Level Contributor
101 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Annual Pass Transfer

Hi Guys, Going to WDW in March just me and my wife, my son and daughter-in-law are also going in May, I was wondering if we could save some money on ticket prices by buying 2 Annual passes when I go in March and then giving them to my son for May, and we could split the cost, I know this is not allowed legally, but we all also know that it go`s on all the time, anyone know if this is possible, thank you in advance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

They collect bio-metrics now, basically a finger print, so transferring even a day pass is no longer possible.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,545 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

It's not legal and it's not possible. The finger scans are pretty accurate and if they don't match you'll need to show I.D. confirming the information on the tickets. If you're caught using a ticket that is not yours they will confiscate the ticket and then you lose the cost of that ticket. Just have them buy their own. It's not worth the hassle.

Donna

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

I don't know why you say "we all know it goes on all the time", because there is no way that it could, for the reasons stated above.

You can't even give your AP to someone else to get a discount on purchases...they check ID in every single store

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
221 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

When we were there in October they checked ID for free parking for the first time. Not every time but some.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,543 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

Not legal,not possible and unethical.It does not go on all the time.The annual pass is good for the purchaser,its not a family pass

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

Annual passes have names on them. You'd be caught as early as the parking lot and if not when the finger scan doesn't work.

swansea
Level Contributor
101 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

Whoa sorry I asked

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,630 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

Another thing to note.

If you give/lend your pass to anyone, it can (probably will) be confiscated when it's used by the wrong person.

Now if you spend $$$$$$ on an annual pass which then gets confiscated! it's a lot of money down the tubes.

I know people try (have tried) to "hire them out" on sites like eBay to be used for free car parking. Crazy in my opinion & I hope anyone caught does get them confiscated.

I've had people who know we've got PAP & ask to "borrow" them. I tell them sorry no, buy your own;-);-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

My sister wanted to borrow my Tables in Wonderland card, which they don't usually check ID on, but I would not do it

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,630 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Annual Pass Transfer

I don't tell people over here I have one of those carmela, so they don't ask;-);-)

Oops:-):-)