We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice about rooms. We have booked to stay in a Little Mermaid Room for 2 Weeks in July. There be 4 of us; 2 adults and a 5 and 6 year old. We booked after considering reviews about cleanliness etc, however I am starting to worry about room and bed size in AoA as in YouTube clips these both look tiny ( the distance between rooms and main building doesn't bother us at the moment, although ask me the same question when we get back!). Also reviewers say that the walls in AoA are paper thin and we don't want to be constantly disturbed.

Based on these concerns do you think we should try to change to stay in a DCB pirate room? My thoughts are that if we get there and hate it we could pay to upgrade but that would mean a bit of hassle. If we do upgrade is there usually a large premium attached I.e one that is above and beyond what it might cost to do the same thing in advance?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,261 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

Mermaids or Pirates. Do you have boys or girls. A of A is value. CB is moderate. Nice main pool including slides and kids area at CB as well as some quiet pools

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

CB also has small beds (double or full size). The other moderates, Coronado, French Quarter (great small cozy resort, great pool, kids love it) or riverside have queen size beds :)

Edited: 12 January 2014, 15:08
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

I think CB has the better kids pool for the ages of your kids. AOA has a great kiddie splash area for toddlers.

We did not notice any noise from adjoining rooms in the Mermaid rooms. I think they would be small for four people. I think the rooms at CB are bigger since it is an older resort.

I would choose Caribbean Beach. I personally would never stay in the Mermaid rooms again because the long walk to everything DID bother me...a lot. One thing you don't need in Disney is lots of extra walking

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

Thank you all for your replies. We have a boy and a girl. Initially our daughter was refusing to stay. We have decided to change and go for a pirate room as from the advice given it seems like that will suit our family more.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

That should be "initially our daughter was refusing to stay in a pirate room but fortunately she has changed her mind!"

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

Good decision!

Caribbean Beach has beautiful tropical landscaping and a white sand beach with hammocks. There are ducks on the beach that the kids could feed, and you can see the Epcot fireworks from there.

I always enjoyed staying at Caribbean Beach

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

CBR is a great hotel we stayed there in 2011 and are going back this year. Not stayed in the pirate rooms we stayed in the preferred room near to Old Port Royale and there are buses that take you around the resort if you don't want to walk. Our room had 2 double beds.

8. Re: AoA Mermaid Room or CBR Pirate Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19