We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motion sickness on rides.

Swaffham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Motion sickness on rides.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to cope with this on simulator rides? My husband found this really hard on our last visit and we are due to go again at Easter and looking for any tips anyone may have so he can enjoy the rides to.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Lots on here recommend Bonine which you can buy in Walgreens or Walmart. And most find it very good, I found I was like a zombie after a few hours and needed to sleep so I gave it a miss. It might work for your husband.

A x

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Ask your doctor about Meclizine / Antivert - it is available in 25mg pills and I usually break in half and start with half dose to see if I am feeling ok with that amount before taking the entire 25mg (the half dose is less likely to make me feel sleepy)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

I'll be following this thread with interest. I get motion sickness ironing a stripy shirt! I felt absolutely dreadful on the Simpson's ride from the second it started and it seemed to go on forever. I have tried travel sickness remedies but they make me so tired and the wristbands haven't worked for me. I would love to do the motion rides so hoping someone has a miracle cure :)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Kwells travel sickness tablets from Boots

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

The only one that works for me is kwells - which you can buy over the counter.. It contains hyoscine which helps by acting on the balance system in the inner ear.

Unfortunately, I completely forgot my kwells last holiday and subsequently suffered on some rides.... Worst one was a Harry potter one... Forget which, but I sat with my head between my knees for a while... Not a good look!

Patti... The poster is from the UK, so the ones you recommend won't be available....

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

I thought forbidden journey was the worst one too. First time on it didn't know what it was going to be like so didn't take any Kwells and nearly had to make friends with the rubbish bin by the exit door at the shop! :( Took Kwells when I rode it after that and coped much better.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Is it not easier to just not go on rides that might make you feel ill?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Ha, ha lineandalan! Why didn't I think of that!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

Ha happy house... I also noticed that rubbish bin !

Do you think its there for a particular reason?!?!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,504 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Motion sickness on rides.

If you can take a pill and feel okay, why shouldn't you ride what you want? I took a bonine for Forbidden Journey, I was not going to miss out on the ride. It did the trick :)