We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Hello,

Planning to travel with husband on 1 September for 10 days and stay at Rosen Inn at Point as we don't plan to use a car and this seems to have good transport links.

A couple of queries..

First, does this hotel seem a good idea? I have done a lot of research here and on TA but anyone who has used it or used public transport from elsewhere I would appreciate their view. We can get 10 night and flight for around £650 which seems good.. given we are doing 3 days disney and 5 universal and seaworld end it seems silly to stay on disney property...

Secondly, I think this time looks good crowds wise and we miss labour day weekend as we fly out on 1st, am I right? This seems a really stupid thing to ask but although I went as a kid, my husband has never been and I want a good balance between atmosphere and not being so busy it's 2 hr queues for everything.. does this seem a good time?

We considered flex tickets but for what we want to do we have decided MYW and Universal base tickets work out cheaper from Undercover Tourist but we would also like to go to Discovery Cove. I can't see a way to book them on Undercover Tourist, am I missing something? I can see them on attraction tickets...

Any other tips welcomed!

Thanks all!

Larkhall, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Hi,

We have been to Orlando the past 2 years staying the last week in August-first week in September and we found this to be a great time to go.

Although the parks were busy, we never had to queue longer than maybe 45 mins and we went on all the main rides. The fast pass system at Disney also let's you scan your ticket which then gives you a time slot to go back so you can go and enjoy the rest of the park.

We also stayed in the same area that you are looking at, in the Peabody (now the Hyatt Regeacy) we weren't hiring a car so wanted to be central and within walking distance to restaurants etc. The I-Ride Trolley runs up and down international drive very frequently and isn't expensive. This also goes as far as SeaWorld. We also used this to get to Universal, although it is a short walk from the stop.

I can't comment on the hotel but overall it is a good central location.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,267 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Labor day this year is Sept. 1, so you'll be fine with your dates :)

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Excellent hotel and check out golynx.com for public basically get lynx #8 outside hotel to transfer to bus #50 (ask driver) to disney ticket and transportation centre from there get disney bus/monorale/boat to appropriate park ... bit more to it than that but thats a basic guide

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Very good budget hotel stayed there many times over the years , it's in the nicer end of I drive and has bus stops right outside the enterance and many shops, restraunts and attractions close by,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

I can highly recommend the Ramada plaza in Idrive. the new suites are gorgeous!! and not piecey, you get a free bar between 12-8 which is great (I'd you stay in a club level I've). It has free transport to Disney 3 times a day and once a day to universal, although it is walkable. I'm sure I read the hotel your planning on staying in charges $17 a day for the Disney shuttle, excuse me if I'm wrong.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

We are staying there in May, it's prime location for everything you want, good amenities , the pointe is across the street with many restaurants to choose from, plus shuttles and bus service ... Enjoy your trip...

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the replies! Just as an aside.. we were also considering November... which is best?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Hi

Check the prices for Discovery Cove at Travel Republic, they are usually the best price you can get. Tickets also include Seaworld, Aquatica and for a little extra Busch Gardens.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
670 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Have a look at the Springhill Suites 8840 Universal Blvd. They do a complimentary Breakfast and have free shuttles to Disney. I drive is only a five minute walk and the a great selction of restaraunts. We suggest the Miller Bar if you are on a budget. As for tickets, shop around on the UK sites as you often get deals for flex type tickets just for your particular lenght of stay.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A couple of questions if anyone can help?

We have been same dates and the crowds were the best we have ever experienced.