We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August??

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
August??

Hi everyone!

Myself and my boyfriend are heading back to Orlando this year,yay!!

I've been several times myself and prefer to go in Sept/Oct as I find this time best for weather etc...but due to work commitments I think I will be only able to go in August this time. I've been in May and June (very hot and wet in June when we were there) and I'm wondering whether it'd be even worth it going in August with the summer holidays crowds.

I know this question has been asked before but does anyone actually like going in August?? I know Sept and Oct is a favorite month on this forum so I suppose I'm wondering how Aug compares especially re weather and crowds!!

Thanks in advance!! :)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,984 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August??

sunnydays1103,

"I know this question has been asked before but does anyone actually like going in August??"

A very conservative estimate would be tens of thousands of people visit Orlando in August, probably many, many more.

" I'm wondering how Aug compares especially re weather "

It is hotter and wetter (humidity & rain) than May or June. It is also peak hurricane season.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 20:35
Halifax
Level Contributor
764 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August??

we have been in august numerous times, i am no fan of really hot weather but due to the design of the parks (cool areas, indoor attractions etc) it never gets too much.

The parks are busy but with some preparation and if you are prepared to get up early it is not that bad.

If you can only go in August don't worry about it and go anyway

Widnes, England
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August??

It's not worth the money. Long queues, prices hike up and the Brazilian tour groups, dear god! Try for the end of August if you absolutely must but it really ruins the experience going in the school holidays with the mass of people xo

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: August??

Mid August onwards will be little different from September in terms of weather and crowds. It's not until October that we get the first cooling fronts. June-September are variations of the same - hot, humid, with daily chances of rain as well as the possibility of tropical activity. If you were fine with September weather you will be fine with August. If you are talking more like July/August then yes you'll hit higher crowds

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August??

Been many times in August, and im going this year in August. Its not really that much different to September IMO. The crowds are a bit less in September, but the weather is pretty much the same.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: August??

Thanks for the replies!!

Considering going for three weeks (usually go for two) to compensate for time lost with the extra crowds etc!....any excuse for more time in Orlando! :p

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August??

August is a decent month to head to Orlando. We would recommend trying to plan your trip around the last two weeks of August... Typically the first two weeks of August will be a lot busier than the last two weeks.

The weather will still be really hot and a good chance of rain...

Typically, Jan, Feb, May, Sept and Nov are the slower months to visit the theme parks.

Hope this helps...

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August??

We have been 4 times in August and going again this year on 8th August for 3 weeks. As we are still tied to school holidays it's the only time if we want more than a fortnight.

It is hot, but we soon get used to it, and have an afternoon swim to cool off.

Parks seem to get quieter the later in August.

202 days to go!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: August??

Schools (and universities) begin their fall semesters in mid August, so there will be a dropoff in visitors.

While the last bad hurricane season was 2004 (south Florida had a storm in 2005), there's no telling what the coming season might be like. Orlando got enough wind to shut down theme parks and the airport in late August and September 2004, but that was highly unusual.

On average, June gets slightly more rain than August.

www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/…

The "swell consistency and wind overview" chart at this British surfing guide to Cocoa Beach gives a quick view of seasonal storminess in the Atlantic. August isn't a busy month.

magicseaweed.com/Cocoa-Beach-Surf-Guide/350/

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,808 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: August??

Been in August its hot but I have no problem going in fact will be heading there August 9.