We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Topic
Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Hello! I am looking into a couple of resorts for Disney and was looking for some opinions. We were debating on the All Star resorts because of the price but I have heard some horror stories on how long the shuttle rides can be. Looking for opinions on that. We are also considering the Caribbean Beach Resort as it says you can walk to 2 of the parks? Has anyone had experience with that, or is their shuttle transportation any better than the All Star Resorts for the price difference? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

It's the Beach club resort (it's a deluxe resort) that you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, not Caribbean Beach resort :)

Edited: 18 January 2014, 01:09
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

If you like the price of the All Stars, check out Pop Century. It is a value resort that is more centrally located and they have their own buses. Caribbean Beach is NOT in walking distance of any of the parks. I think you might be confusing it with the Yacht and Beach Club Resort.

The All Stars are Animal Kingdom resorts, so they are super close to that park which is further from the other three. Pop Century is Is in the ESPN Wide World of Sports resort area (with Art of Animation, also a value resort). Caribbean Beach is in the EPCOT resort area. Both are a better location than the All Stars.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Thanks, I must have been really confused. I don't want to go higher than moderate pricing, but am okay with value as well. Are you saying Pop Century has a shuttle that doesn't go to the other All Star resorts? Do you know about how long the shuttle ride is?

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Welcome to the forum

The transport isn't a nightmare by any means but the shuttles do serve all 3 All Star Resorts so many feel it is more crowded than other Resorts. I agree if you are wanting to stay in the Value Resort category, have a look at Pop Century, it doesn't share transport

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2793105

When do you plan to visit ? There are discounts so kicking it up a notch to a Moderate or even a Deluxe may be worth looking into. Moderates and Deluxe Resorts are worth the price, IMHO of course, more Amenities, bigger rooms, bigger beds and a lot more

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

From Pop to Magic Kingdom about 15 minutes

To Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios about 10 minutes

Disney World is 47 square miles, it takes a little time to get from point A to Point B

Omaha, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Thanks, that is very helpful. Would you have any insight/recommendations on the moderate resorts? We are looking at September or January.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

September is a great time to visit. It will still be quite hot and somewhat humid but we love it as it gives us one last bit of Summer before the long cold and snowy winter up north

Crowd levels are low enough to not feel overwhelmed. There are very nice discounts offered such as Room Discounts and more often then not, the Free Dining Promotion

January has very iffy weather and many rehabs take place, not our favourite time of the year but crowd levels are quite low

For a Moderate, have a look at Port Orleans Riverside, a very fun resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

Bunker Hill, West...
Level Contributor
83 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

We stayed at Disney Port Orleans Riverside resort on 12/13/2013-12/22/2013 and had NEVER experienced any problems with the shuttle buses. Also, the resort is in Downtown Disney Area and has the shuttle boats between the resort, French Quarter resort, and Downtown Disney. We stayed at room 3751, which is at the magnolia bend and the building was right behind the Bus Stop [East Depot] so it's convenience to us. It took us about 10 minutes to get to EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios and about 15 minutes to Animal Kingdom. It's very convenience place and the room price wasn't too expensive. I paid $275 a night for the pool-view room in December and we got to go to Downtown Disney almost every evening.

The buses, at the resort, were about 3-10 minutes waiting from our experience. However, we went to the park in the late morning. If you go to the park super early, I am sure that every bus, in every resort, will be full. However, there was several long waiting times for the bus from the park back to the resort because we left right when the crowd left. We learned that lesson quick so we stayed after until most crowd left.

Warning : If you take the monorail to sight seeing the Magic Kingdom Area Resorts, Grand Floridian resorts & Spa doesn't have shuttle buses available [only monorail & ferries to Magic Kingdom & MK area resorts & Ticket center]. Polynesian resort has both monorail and buses but the waiting time for Downtown Disney bus was absolutely long. We waited for 30 minutes at the bus stop in front of the main building. Disney Contemporary resorts has monorail and buses service[but we haven't tried their buses services before]. And there is no bus to Downtown Disney from the theme parks either. Have fun!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

I would pick Sept., better weather, less crowds, Jan. weather too iffy, also lower crowds though. For a moderate, look at French Quarter, small cozy resort, no long walks to anything, fun pool area, nice bars, one bus stop (often the bus goes from french quarter to riverside and the people there either had to stand or couldn't get on at all and had to wait for the next bus). FQ also has the boat to downtown disney. Also look at Coronado (but it's a bigger resort).

Omaha, Nebraska
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Debating between Disneyworld Resorts/Shuttle ?

Thank you very much for all of your insight. It was VERY helpful :) Can't wait to start planning now!