We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida in June!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Florida in June!

Hi there,

Could anyone give me an idea of how busy travelling to Florida mid-June will be?

I realise that it will be a busy time, but wondered just how much.

Travelling on 21st June.

Thanks Ann

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,897 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida in June!

Travel to Florida from where?

What part of Florida? Orlando?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida in June!

Degrees of busy? I assume the parks?

It will be a lot busier than February, a bit busier than May, not nearly as busy as July / early August, nowhere near as busy as Christmas and Easter but less busy than January.

If you go to the parks early morn it will be less busy but later will be busier. You can prepare for busy so don't get yourself into a busy tizzy.

Edited: 21 January 2014, 19:23
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida in June!

I went in early June 2012, it was hot, humid, very wet & extremely busy, never again. I do usually go in Nov/Dec so i am used to it being cooler weather & not so crowded.

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida in June!

Yeah Orlando

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida in June!

Hi ann

It will certainly be a lot hotter, busier and definitely more humid than wombwell in June !!

Oh and a sight prettier....

You will have terrific time so don't worry... Drink plenty of fluids, pace yourselves and don't go full out as if it's a military procession - relax sometimes and have chill out days - the heat and crowds will take it out of you.

And as already been said, get there for rope drop if you have any favourite or must see/do places.

Happy planning neighbour.....!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida in June!

Every US school will be out for the summer by the second half of June. The bigger question is, how well do you handle heat? Will standing in lines with the sun beating down on you in 90+ degrees F temps with thick humidity bother you? I would be so miserable that it would ruin my trip. My husband is not bothered by temps and he'd enjoy himself. It all depends on your individual level of tolerance. Here's a link to a post from an Irish family who went in June:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k664174…

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida in June!

Thank you neighbour. We went late May last time and managed well with the crowds, heat etc. just a little concerned as I didn't realise when I booked that it was American school hols late June Cheers

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida in June!

Late May is usually the start of rainy season, when the humidity rises and showers and thunderstorms break out (we have a monsoon climate). So you're probably ready for the weather. Florida residents tend to spend summer dreaming of being at a ski resort in the Rockies, up in the Appalachians, in San Francisco's chilly fog....

Runcorn
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida in June!

Last time we went on the 13th june 2011 for 2 weeks, the first week was quiet rarely had to queue second week was busier but again queues wernt too bad as for the weather it was really hot but we loved it and it did rain for about 20 mins in the afternoon but dried up 5 mins later... not like uk rain, its not miserable!

10. Re: Florida in June!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:37