We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus crowds for Art if Animation

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
Bus crowds for Art if Animation

We are considering staying at AofA in late April, only visiting Magic kingdom. I understand this will be extremely crowded. Does anyone have experience with the AofA busses during peak season? Will they be less crowded than the horror stories I have read about the busses because they are exclusive to one resort? My wife and I will be traveling with a 5 and 4 year old. The thought of being crammed onto a bus is not the most appealing. The alternative is to stay at the Contenporary Bay Tower and walk. It would be about 20% more expensive but the thought of never riding crowded transport is becoming more appealing. I'm just wondering how bad the AofA busses might be.

Thanks for any help.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,713 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus crowds for Art if Animation

Well, there's only so many people you can cram into a bus no matter what time of year. Yes, they will stuff as many bodies as possible on each bus, but that's the case no matter what time of year you visit.

If you can stage your "coming and going" at off hours, busses are likely to be less crowded, but they won't run as many busses as often as they do during peak travel times, so you may find busses crowded in any case.

Obviously, within an hour of park opening and closing times, busses are very busy and crowded, so if you can travel at other times, you may find it more bearable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus crowds for Art if Animation

Did you consider Wilderness Lodge? It is close to MK and has a short boat ride there as well as the bus. It would be less expensive than the Contemporary.

Polynesian is also on the monorail to MK

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus crowds for Art if Animation

It's a bit of luck. I'd hate to spend 20% more and find that everyone booked into the Contemporary during the visit. You jumped from a value to a deluxe, surely there is something in the middle you could consider? I have never found the buses to be an issue at any of the hotels unless it is the evening after the fireworks/parade dump (park to hotel) or 20 minutes or so before opening (hotel to park).

You could also pick Swan/Dolphin/Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk and then you could just walk to 2 of the parks or take the boat.

wichita,ks
Level Contributor
142 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus crowds for Art if Animation

Stayed there for Christmas 2012. Arrived Christmas Day and yes the busses were crowded. Yes they cram as many people on as possible before they pull the next one up to fill! At least it doesn't share so you go straight from resort to park and same on return. But the parks were so busy that they had closed MK to offsite guests many times that week. So I was glad to be on the bus!

Edited: 23 January 2014, 22:42
5. Re: Bus crowds for Art if Animation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 07:18