We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy space center

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Kennedy space center

About how long does it take to see everything? Weekday in January.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennedy space center

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k7135…

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennedy space center

It's been several years since my last visit, but we needed a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a day to see all we saw.

Level Contributor
6 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kennedy space center

It depends on whether you take any of the behind the scenes tours. We didn't do that. It still took us about 5 hours to see everything. We also had lunch in one of the little cafes.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kennedy space center

I can now answer my own question. You absolutely need the whole day to see everything. The free bus tour alone takes two hours. I was with a four year old so we didn't stop and read everything. If you plan to do that you will need two days.

I absolutely loved KSC!

We were also there for the launch last night. Happy to answer any questions. It was definitely worth watching and was pretty much pain free.

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kennedy space center

I am going to KSC in June/July, besides the free bus tour any other tours would you recommend or must sees? My children are 7,10, and 12

West Bridgford...
Level Contributor
75 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kennedy space center

How was the launch? Where did you stand for it etc?

Hoping we'll be lucky enough to get a launch when we're out there. Just want to have a plan in place for viewing one if we get lucky!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kennedy space center

We did everything that was included. Recommend everything. We left the updates early, that was a bit dry.

We watched the launch right outside the door on the lawn. It was cold so we stayed inside until they announced four minute countdown.

It was great watching it with a group and easy with bathrooms and food available.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kennedy space center

We did everything that was included. Recommend everything. We left the updates early, that was a bit dry.

We watched the launch right outside the door on the lawn. It was cold so we stayed inside until they announced four minute countdown.

It was great watching it with a group and easy with bathrooms and food available.

Its a nice relaxing day. No lines and lots of movies. Hardly any walking.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kennedy space center

Good to hear the day there and seeing the launch worked out for you -- it was a nice clear night sky. We watched from our balcony at Cocoa Beach to beat the chill. As we discussed, it was lucky for us that it did go; I got worried when the hold was put on, but it worked out.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kennedy space center

Does it really cost about $50/person to get in? Is there anything you can see for free or cheaper than that? We're going to be heading in that direction when we go to Cocoa Beach and while we aren't intending on spending the whole day at either place, we'd love to see some of the KSC stuff. But not at $50/person! We already spent enough for park tickets!!