We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

NYC suburbs
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

Planning my itinerary for August trip so I can make my ADRs in a few weeks. Was planning to park hop with midday hotel breaks to escape the crowds/heat. I understand that you are limited to 3 FP+ reservations per day, all at one park. Can we choose them for our PM park session if we are at a different park in the AM? Hoping that the lines will be shorter earlier in the day, but wondering if park hopping will "void" FP+ reservations at our second park of the day. If so, probably not worth purchasing the park hopper option, right?

Also, does Be Our Guest for lunch count the same as a ride for FP+ reservations?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,607 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

Yes, you choose the park you wish to use the fast pass + at. Nothing will be voided if you visit another park first.

Donna

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
852 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

I was thinking the same thing - the new fast pass system will all but eliminate the park hopper option if you can only use 3 fast passes per day and at a single park. Would only use Park Hopper if you wanted to have dinner at or just wander around one of the other parks, at least during busy times. Is that correct?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

If you go early to one park, you can get a lot done and make your fast passes for the afternoon for your next choice of park that day :)

Sunderland
Level Contributor
478 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

That's what I'm planning to do bevny, visit one park in the morning when crowds are lighter and save FP+ for a different park in the afternoon/evening. Not sure about BOG but would think it will take up one of your FP+ options for MK that day.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

Things change, but as of today you're limited to one park and BOG counts as one of your three in MK if you choose to use it.

It could easily be that in a day, week or month from now they'll allow hoppers to choose different parks for FP+ and/or have different allotments of FP+, or include a tier that allows you to FP+ a non-ride such as BOG without "wasting" it.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,592 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

I agree, by August, who knows what may be allowed and not allowed, so don't keep any plans in "stone" per se. Things have been changing daily and may continue to be in flux throughout this entire year.

It my belief that Disney will at least expand their FP+ choice to more than one park per day, as the limitation of one park is most likely hurting their sales of park hopper options on tickets right now.

NYC suburbs
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

ANOTHER QUESTION: We are traveling with friends who have main gate passes (so, no tickets). I assume this means they'll have to wait at the kiosks for FP+. Would they be able to go to a kiosk at park #1 in the morning to make FP+ selections for the afternoon at park #2?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,592 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

Again, who knows what may be in place by August, but as of now, unless you have Disney resort reservations, you can only make FP+ bookings on the same day for the one park you are located in at the moment.

There's no "cross-park" FP+ options as of now, so if you're at the kiosks in Magic Kingdom, you must book FP+ only for Magic Kingdom, Epcot only for Epcot, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,471 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,636 Reviews
Orlando, FL
NYC suburbs
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

Thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FP+, park hopping, Be Our Guest

cant think this would all but eliminate park hopping although I would agree there is at least some impact. Like you said you can go to one park, then eat dinner and see fireworks at another. it is not only used to see how many rides people can go on. You can still do something like do FP selections for one park, then go to Hollywood studios later in the day, eat and see fantasmic for example.

I think they are trying to make it nice by allowing guests who are staying at resorts to pick fp options in advance (and not have to rush over to the park to get them), but have to balance it by limiting the number they can use so they do not all get taken. they must've gotten a lot of feedback about people hating to have to get to the parks early in the morning and doing a mad rush to the top attractions to get fast passes. otherwise I don't understand this change in their procedures. as others have said hopefully they can monitor and increase the # of options later on, if they see that would work.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL