We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to handle making reservations with a group?

Mil,WI
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to handle making reservations with a group?

We arent going until December 2015. At first it was just going to be just my husband and I. A trip back to our honeymoon location. But then it grew to 7 people, then it grew to 13 and now more recently it grew to 15 people.

My question would be how in the world do u handle reservations with a size this big? We were planning to use a timeshare for the original 7 people. Three rooms total at no charge. But now that more people want to come, we do not have access to anymore free rooms. And I found out that if u don't use a timeshare the rooms will be 150 a night. Plus I heard that this place only allows people to use certain newer buildings if they are timeshare owners. If you are not u supposedly stay in the older buildings. (I plan on calling them to double check that tomorrow). Anyway it would suck if the group was split up like that, but what can we do? I dont want to change the building nor property.

And then what about the plane? It would probably be impossible to even try to sit together, which Im not really worried about that. My concern is making sure we are able to get on the same flights. Which means we would all need to make the reservations pretty close together. Planes fill pretty fast right? If you went on a trip with a large group how did you do it?

I guess what I plan to do is figure out when it would be a good idea to make the reservations and mention it to everybody else. Then when we do make the reservations, tell them all the info and leave it at that. And maybe warn them. My husband and I want to leave early in the morning so we can get to FL sooner. At first I asked my husband if we should ask the group what time they would like to leave. But he said no. It is our vacation, actually a return to our honeymoon destination and if people want to come with us, they can join us or make different arrangements. Which I understand. I mean we plan on doing certain things like a swampboat ride, and Im sure some in the group wont want to come. We arent going to change our plans, but they are welcome to join us in our plans if they want. Like Im sure there will be things that some in the group will want to do but not us. I dont expect them to change their plans for us. I hope I am making sense. Im tired and am trying to get this typed out before bed.

Any incite would be helpful. Thank you very much for any and all help. :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to handle making reservations with a group?

I agree with your husband. You two go when you want, do whatever you want. Tell everyone your plans and leave it all to them. We had between 8 and 17 people this last trip at any given time. Four groupings, two stayed on site at Disney, two off site. Some flew, some drove. Some stayed a week, two couples stayed only 2 and 1/2 days. Everyone has to be flexible and everyone has to know going in that they can do what they want or join in with others. We all agreed on this and luckily no problems (except 3 of us got ill for 2 days, but that's another story..lol).

I'm sure you'll get more help here, any questions ask away :)

Mil,WI
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to handle making reservations with a group?

Thanks I feel a lot better about it now. I think its a good idea. Just make our reservations, tell them and then leave it at that. I wanted to make sure we do the right thing. Besides it seems really daunting asking what they all want. Thanks for the help!

Mil,WI
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to handle making reservations with a group?

Okay it seems one crisis is solved. I just found out that the person in charge of 6 of the people plan on getting a villa. Looks like all of it is slowly solving itself out. :)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to handle making reservations with a group?

First, do not be "in charge". Do exactly as you have stated; "Here are our plans. Join us or not."

Having said that, it would be fun to plan one or two group meals, so everyone can share their experiences. Dining reservations will need to be made, well in advance.

Other than that, to each his own.

Good Luck!

5. Re: How to handle making reservations with a group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18