We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo car hire CDW

uk
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo car hire CDW

Hi there

I am in Orlando in October this year and have a hire car through a Virgin fly drive with basic insurance, the cost of adding CDW is about £300 and I am wondering if I book CDW through a US insurance company would Alamo accept it or insist that I use there own CDW. I sent Alamo numerous emails but they seem slightly evasive on the subject.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo car hire CDW

There are a lot of insurances and taxes you need when you hire a car in the USA. Perhaps you should think about getting one of Alamos insurance packages and not just CDW? Hiring a car in the USA is the cheap bit it is the insurances that cost all the money.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo car hire CDW

Just hired a mustang for a week £270 including all insurance/extras

Last year ad a 'free' hire car but by the time I'd been fleeced for every insurance going was over £340 so now I decline the car and hire my own

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo car hire CDW

Most people will tell you the 'free' car is just not free. Often you can hire the car with all insurance for less than the free one charges you for the insurance, even with getting it from Alamo. Plus is the small basic car enough, another charge for upgrading!

4. Re: Alamo car hire CDW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 06:19