We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterparks in January

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Senglea, Malta
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Waterparks in January

How will the temperature be and what parks will be open ? Also we're doing DC, is it worth it in January ? Will we manage to stay there for the whole day or will it be too cold ? Thanks..first time in Winter :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterparks in January

This. January has been awful for any water activities, too darn cold. Some of the water Parks have even closed several times because it is just to cold

With that said, we have been in January, in the past and actually enjoyed several visits to the Waterparks

If you are planning to get tickets that includes Waterparks, fine but if you have not planned that, I would wait til you get there and see how the weather is

I wouldn't do DC in January, that is a big expensive, to risky

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterparks in January

Weather is very iffy in the winter months. If water activities, water parks, etc. are really important I would choose another time :)

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterparks in January

I have been in December and had great days in Blizzard Beach, Aquatica and Wet n Wild and the temperature was in the 80/90's. On other days it was cold enough to snow!!! Look at the weather forecast and if that doesn't work, stick your hand out the door and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hhahahhaha

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterparks in January

It's hit and miss. The weather in Florida in the Winter usually cycles between cold and relatively warm, with more cool days than warm. This month we've had a number of days where it got into the 80s, with a high of 84. Those would be reasonable water park days. But, the last week or so has had alot of chilly day.

Discovery Cove will stay open almost no matter what. They keep their water heated and break out heaters for the dry areas. Plus, they give everybody wet suits if they want them. I'm not sure what the opening criteria are for the other parks but it's safe to asume they heat thir water.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterparks in January

Waterparks in January...not this week!

As above, winter weather will be hit or miss depending on the fronts. Disney will always have one of their two water parks closed for refurbishment at this time of year. The other together with Wet N Wild and Aquatica will be open...but contingent on the forecast. As said, this week and on several other days this month there were a number of cold weather closures. They do heat the water. But that does no good when you get to the bottom of the slide and have to get out into the chilly air!

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterparks in January

Ya do the waterparks in January if your a POLAR BEAR!

7. Re: Waterparks in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 06:18