We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary, first visit

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary, first visit

Daughter, husband and myself are planning our first visit during last wk of March. I understand it will be busy. I am trying to decide which rides to fastpass + ahead of time as we are staying at POP. According to easywd, our first day there, 3/23 the recommended park is AK, figured we would get there early and do the safari and Expedition Everest. Would save the fastpasses for MK later in day after an afternoon break back at POP. Did fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Enchanted Tales with Belle,starting at 6p and last fastpass at 9p. Does this sound sensible? Haven't scheduled for any other days yet. We will be there 4 full days. Figured 2 at MK, 1 at AK and 1 at Epcot as daughter is 7.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,095 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary, first visit

Sounds like a good plan.

Enjoy!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,962 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary, first visit

This should be okay as long as you take the break back at hotel. I assume you have hopper tickets, being you mention going to two different parks in a day, but your last sentence says 2 days MK, 1 day AK, 1 day Epcot :)

cleveland
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary, first visit

Thank you for the replies, yes we have the park hopper option and will have a car so hopefully that will make it a bit easier to get to some of the parks. I know that its easier to do POP bus to MK.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary, first visit

I hate to open up a can of worms and get ripped by all the Animal Kingdom fans, but if I were in your shoes, I might think about Hollywood Studios instead of AK. I think HS has lots of interesting things to see, like Muppets, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, car stunt show, etc. On the other hand, AK doesn't have all that many animals, and not that much else that is exciting (one of the big draws, the Lion King show, will be closed when you are there). I see you live in Cleveland, which is in the best state of the US for zoos - you have the Cleveland Zoo in your hometown, plus there are wonderful zoos in Columbus (maybe the best in the whole US), as well as Toledo and Cincinnati. I have been to all of those zoos at least once, and I would take a day at any of them over a day at AK. Let the booing begin, but if you haven't been to Ohio, you don't understand.

5. Re: Help with itinerary, first visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:18