We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal kingdom

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Topic
Animal kingdom

What are the must see and do things at Animal Kingdom? We are me, my husband, 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy. We have character meals booked

Thanks

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal kingdom

For your family, Kilimanjaro Safari, Finding Nemo the Musical, Flights of Wonder, Triceratop Spin, Jammin' Jungle Parade, Rafiki's Planet Watch and for 'down time' the Boneyard playground (really cool).

Not sure of your travel dates, however if Lion King has re-opened (fall 2014) it is the BEST show at Disney.

Happy planning!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 16:28
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal kingdom

Definitely The Festival of the Lion King Show is a must see. Its definitely my favorite and the best show in Disney. Rafiki's planet watch might be interesting for the little ones and it might be a little boring.

I have never seen Flights of Wonder and I am planning on to on my next trip in November of 2014.

Dinosaur might be a little scary for the little ones and Expedition Everest will not be the best ride for the little ones.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal kingdom

I guess I am sort of the rare type who likes to actually see animals when I go to a place called "Animal Kingdom". Accordingly, in addition to Conservation Station and the Safari ride, I like to go on the animal walks in Africa (Panjani Forest Exploration Trail) and Asia (Maharajah Jungle Trek), as well as the Discovery Island Trails toward the front of the park.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal kingdom

Thanks for the advice. I really want to do the safari so is that something I should do first thing?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal kingdom

The Safari, Finding Nemo, All the Exhibits and the awesome Birds of Wonder show.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal kingdom

The animals tend to be more active in the morning. Been on the safari dozens of times and the only times I have ever seen the lions standing up is first thing in the morning.

7. Re: Animal kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:19