We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Is there absolutely no way for a guest not staying on site to make same day Fastpass+ selections for a different park to their morning visit? I was hoping to do park opening at one park then visit another later in the day with my Fastpass+ but there will probably be no selections left by the time we get there if we have to wait til we are in that park. May have to rethink.

wichita,ks
Level Contributor
142 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Only way would be go to 2nd park first pick up fast passes for later in the day and the head back to am park to enjoy!

Pain but only way you can do it!

Have fun

Sunderland
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Sort of defeats the object of park opening though doesn't it?! So what is the APP for the phone? I don't have a smart phone so really don't have much of a clue. DH does though. Does that only work in the park you are visiting too?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Also, does anyone have experience of this? We are visiting at peak holiday time, end of July. has anyone turned up at a park, say four o'clock, and gone for fastpass+ reservations at the kiosks? Maybe over the Christmas period when it was really busy? What sort of attractions were still available? Any parade or fireworks slots at MK?

pa
Level Contributor
53,724 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

During a Busy time of the year I wouldn't bother Park Hopping so that would solve any worries right there. There really is so much to do for a full day at each Park, IMHO of course.

Have a look at this Link, answers to all questions and concerns are being discussed at great length

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3177863

Sunderland
Level Contributor
415 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

We'll definitely not be able to do a full day without a break so I think that's what we'll have to do partypa, instead of a different park head back to the same one. Now to re-jig the plans, again!!!

minnesota
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

This was my concern as well, as we'll be at AK to start and HS to finish the day. We're going in a couple weeks though, so nowhere near as busy as July. We may open at HS to reserve fp's, then head immediately to AK. Do all tix doing this need to be scanned into park to reserve or can I link them as family and reserve then myself?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Things were so much simpler years ago. Just glad my days of doing theme parks are over!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 20:53
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

In all honesty bgreen, I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

Not even cast members;-)

I think one of the main gripes with the new system is...well....it's new.

Most folk were happy with the old FP system, mainly (forget the amount of FP you could get) because they were used to it.

I remember (vaguely) when it was first introduced & there was an outcry then about it being a bad idea & how does it work?;-)

"I have to go where"? "I have to do what"? "I need what ticket"? "Where do I get that"? "I need to queue for a FP ticket, to beat the queue"? "This systems crazy"....... lol......

Cast members were in force at ticket machines, explaining how it worked.

Once the "new factor" has worn off, it's been tweaked & fully rolled out, all will be fine.

Except maybe for those that "used" the old system;-);-)

minnesota
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

Yeah, really I'm more disappointed that we ended up planning our trip within the first month of this being rolled out in all parks. In all honesty, toy story mania is the one ride I want to make sure I do, and we may be queuing for it as we won't arrive to HS until maybe 1 or 2 o clock. We'll see I guess. Anyone have thoughts on standby waits for TSM on a Saturday in early Feb?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fastpass+ AGAIN!!

I think princess commented she went on it & the posted time "stand by" wait, was nowhere near the time she waited:-)

So fingers crossed it won't be to bad for you.

Good luck:-)