We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby -

Day 4 HS

Almost a lie in, up at 0400. Arrived at HS just before opening. Got fast passes for toy story mania and the little mermaid show. While waiting for toy story, joined the queue to meet buzz and woody. Wait time was 20 mins but totally worth it, DS was so excited. We got some lovely pictures. We purchased memory maker pre visit, cost $149. Some photographers are just click and hand card back but some are really good and take several shots. If we get a click one, we try and get some more later and look out for another photographer. I would say it is worth buying, we have over 50 photos already.

Toy story mania was fun, the wait time was already 45 mins just after 9. I don't know how anyone can queue that long, especially with small children. Guess we will always have to go out of season. ... Or stay on site next time.

We had lunch at planet pizza (cost $22 for 2 pizzas and side salads). They were tasty and fresh. We then had FP for little mermaid, and got good seats, show was nice but not as good as finding nemo. Probably a waste of a FP. DS was very tired and so we left at 1230 and took things easier for the rest of the day. Called in publix for some wine/ beer ice cream. Got some key lime pie, cost $4.29 for a piece big enough for 4 portions and it was delicious. Bottle of prosecco was $8.99, 6 corona the same.

Day 5 Epcot/ MK

Up at 0430 ( it's getting better!). Heavy rain this morning but promise of sun later. We were considering park hopping so didn't get FP's at Epcot. 10 min wait for the nemo ride. 20 min wait for spaceship earth, DS enjoyed both. It had warmed up by mid morning and so we had 3 cold drinks and cakes at Starbucks for $22. DS was looking sleepy so we lured him into the buggy with some milk and popped the baby in a sling. He slept for 2 hours while we walked around the world. Lovely opportunity for people watching, we didn't do any any attractions as we have done previously and did not want to wake DS. We had lunch at Morocco, DS and I shared chicken tenders and tortilla chips (well DS refused, being very picky with food) and DH had beef tacos which he said were very good, cost $24. DS was keen to get the monorail and go on the buzz ride again after his long nap. He loved the monorail, we got FP for buzz and Winnie the Pooh again, we did suggest alternatives but he wanted to do these, strong willed little man that he is. Unfortunately the Winnie the Pooh ride was down and DS was distraught, it didn't help that he could see the pooh character meet going on, we tried to distract him with this but no he wanted to do the ride 'not meet pooh mummy'. We had to distract him with looking in the toy story shop. I felt irrationally irritated with disney, poor little man was so upset.

Hoping to get him to try the tea cups and Aladdin another day.

DD did not like the purée I had with me so I went to the baby centre, they have a small supply of food and milk. Cost for a jar was $2. It was a nice calm environment to feed. I haven't seen any other bf mums and so I don't feel as comfortable as I do at home, even though I am very discreet. I also purchased a carton of milk for DS as he hadn't eaten well that day, cost was $4, which is double what if costs in the supermarkets. I felt a bit disappointed re the mark up. Obviously understand disney is a business but they are making such a profit on other goods, it would be a nice gesture maybe not to profit on the baby milk. ie a rice crispie cake shaped like Mickey is $4! Although, it was very convenient and lovely that there was a baby centre at all.

We left the park at 1800, it was still very busy, would have been nice to stay but wanted to do baths and bedtime. Perhaps we will be able to do fireworks next week if do we manage to sleep beyond 4!!

DH and I just had some snacks in the evening from the publix shop.

Toy count still 2, although DS wanted a little mermaid cup, cost $9.

Today's tip - bribery to get into buggy for naps reaps the reward of being able to stay in the park for the afternoon. Could be a new plan!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,282 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Glad you are having a ball in Orlando.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Well your trip reports been a little revelation to me ... I always imagined trotting around the parks would be total nightmare with babies and very young children.. But you've shown it can be done... No wonder there is so many of you! just organization and knowing what's available i guess.

Enjoyed your report as its different ...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Ok, I have a tip that may sound silly, but it worked for me.

When my now 23 yr old was 18 months we took him to Florida for the first time. He too woke at 2 am first day (to be honest I wake at 2:30-3 am anyway). Our rented villa had the Master on one side and the other bedrooms far away on the other. We wanted him to be nearer, but not in our room. So we put his portable crib in the master bed walk in closet (it was huge, bigger than our box room lol) and as it had no window it was very dark. So helped him adjust faster. He manged to sleep til 6 am by the 4th day.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

I can totally visualise you guys all making your way around the parks. When I do visualise your family I picture, relaxed go with the flow people :-) Well that's how you make it sound lol so good on you!!! As pp said, you are showing us that it can be done with such littlies.

Keep enjoying and I hope those sleep ins keep getting a little bit later each day ;-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
745 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Loving your trip reports so far. As someone who will not be able to go without my Orlando trips if and when myself and DH have kids, you've convinced me that it can be done with little ones!! You have the right attitude, go with the flow and put the kids needs first to avoid any (most!) meltdowns. Well done!

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Gr8 reports, good to see the little ones are enjoying it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Wow those early mornings are more like the middle of the night..

At least your still having fun though...you will need a holiday after this one:)

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Sounds lovely and glad the lie ins are getting later!

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

Thanks so much everyone, we are having a lovely time. The key is to not put too much pressure on I think. There's loads we haven't done in the parks, but we are just enjoying what we can do and there will be another visit in a year or two anyway.

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report - travels with a toddler and a baby, Days 4 &5

I agree with the markup thing but as they aren't getting huge revenue returns on the under 3's I suppose it's either that or they put in a pay per diaper change... ;)