We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

appleon, wi
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

Booked our trip to disney (staying at Port Orleans). Because my husband is not staying for the entire time as the rest of the fam, I was told by Disney reseservations that he should not be on the reservations (because then he would have to also pay for the 5 day park pass that we bought with the room) I was told when we check in I should then add him to reservation and can buy him a separate 2 day park pass upon check-in. Just yesterday I got an e-mail from Disney saying I should “reserve my fastpasses now” (which is already stressing me out as I have no idea what our itinerary is yet and now I am supposed to know exactly what park I am going to each day and reserve fastpasses already!!!) Well I went to website and realized I can only reserve fastpasses for me and my kids and not my husband. So my question is, does this mean I can’t reserve any fastpasses that we would want to do with my husband? Is there a way to reserve passes for all four of us? When we went to disney 4 years ago we just did fast passes when we got to the park. I am just feeling so overwhelmed with needing to make all these reservations with fast passes and dinners and we aren’t even going until April. Totally overwhelmed and I have been to disney before but now I feel like everything has to be planned to a tee or we are just going to be standing in lines all day and eating fast food because we didn’t make dining reservations. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
36,263 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

You can only reserve fast passes for those on the reservation. He will need to arrange his fast passes once he gets added to the reservation.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

We had the same situation in Dec., my daughter and boyfriend came down for only 2 days/nights, so couldn't buy their tickets ahead with our package. So I could not make them any fast passes. We also had family members staying off site, so we pretty much didn't even use fast passes. You could reserve yours and when he gets to the park he can do his and see if you can match some up or change yours around. Don't worry about it, we managed fine :)

Level Contributor
54,567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

You don't "have to" make Fast Passes in advance, you can wait til you are there OR make some for the days your DH isn't there and make the rest when he arrives. Fast Pass+ is an Option, just like it always was. If you get to the Parks early, you may not even need them. No need to stress over it all

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

Don't stress over Fast Pass+. For an April trip, do make your dining reservations.

Stay calm and enjoy!

5. Re: reserving fastpasses-slightly unique situation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:23