We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

We are planning our first trip to Universal - we are looking for dinner recommendations, nothing too expensive - 2 young kids.

Thank you.

glasgow
Level Contributor
91 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

My two kids are 10 and 8 years old, and the best restaurants we found were Pastamore (which is at the end of the bridge as you walk into Universal) and an Irish themed pub (sure it is Finnegan's, but could be wrong) which is near the big statue of Jaws. Pastamore is great because the kids have their own buffet, so they can eat as much or as little as they like, and even my daughter, who is really fussy, loved the Mac and Cheese. I can't remember the price but it was really reasonable, and the food was a good standard.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

My family's favorite is Bubba Gump Shrimp Company located inside CityWalk....lots of fun and the food is great!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

thank you! Sounds like there is really no theme dining for kids, like at Disney.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

There is only the Universal Superstar Character Breakfast with characters from Nickelodeon, the hit comedy Hop and Despicable Me. Call 407-224-7554 for reservations.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 16:45
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

There is lots of themed dining such as the mentioned Bubba Gumps, but also Margaritaville, Bob Marley, NASCAR, Hard Rock, NBA City, etc., and yes, they do have character dining too inside Universal Studios and at the Resorts. The days/times/meals are simply limited.

https:/…Character-Dining.aspx

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
639 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

We loved Nascar and Pastamore in City Walk. Both cater well for kids.

As for the character breakfast - best 'meal' of our holiday for the entertainment factor.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

We like Pastamore, Nascar, Bubba Gumps, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe (we didn't like NBA restaurant). In Universal park itself, we really enjoyed Lombard's. We also ate at the Trattoria at Portofino, and scooby do came in to visit :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

thank you to all - it seems as if you all agree on the same 3-4 places.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

Hard Rock Cafe at city walk & Finnegans inside universal studios were our favorite. My 9 yr old even did a write up on how good the bangers & mash were in Finnegans in his report for school.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal - restaurants with kids - recommendations

We and our grand kids love the Three Broomsticks in IOA for the atmosphere. The kids love the frozen butterbeer. The food is reasonable and pretty good too. we also like Bumba Gumps.