We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari ride at AK

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wichita,ks
Level Contributor
142 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
safari ride at AK

Is the safari ride at AK really rough? The description says its starts out mild then gets really bumby and a little rough? Thanks

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari ride at AK

Depends what you consider "rough." You don't even wear seatbelts so it can't be that rough. You drive over a rickety bridge and simulated dirt road.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,027 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safari ride at AK

I wouldn't say really rough, but yes bumpy and does bounce you around a bit and more so than most people would probably recall thinking back on the ride. It's essentially a big jeep on an unpaved road so the ruts and such make it uneven driving. Not exactly off-roading, but if you've ever driving down a dirt or gravel road you should get the idea. There is not a height restriction so any age can ride. Though personally I wouldn't take an infant until they were at least old enough to sit up well on their own, and, I suppose those with back and neck problems may have problems with the amount of jostling.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safari ride at AK

I have some neck and back issues, but I have ridden the safari ride numerous times without a problem. It does go over rough terrain, but it is generally not going very fast over any bumps because of repeated stops and slow travel when animals are nearby.

wichita,ks
Level Contributor
142 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safari ride at AK

Thanks all. A lot of rides come with warnings but usually don't have problems with them. Just thought U would check on thus one. Thanks again

5. Re: safari ride at AK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22