We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days at disney and universal?

british columbia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How many days at disney and universal?

For two adults would you do 6 days disney and 1 universal or pay for transport and do 2 days universal and 5 days disney?

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

Depends on travel dates

When are you visiting ?

british columbia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

March 10 to 20, but only have 8 full days.

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

It won't be a super busy time but given you have 8 days, I would suggest a full day at each Universal Park and allow 1 full day for each Disney Park then use your extra 2 days to either (1) Relax a bit or (2) add 1 or 2 more days for Disney Parks, they are huge and it is only about $10 a day each to add more days to a 4 day ticket :)

Where are you staying ?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

I'd say it depends on how much stuff you'd like to do at each park...

Our group (which includes myself and my boyfriend, along with another 3 adults) is opting for 5 days of Disney parks and 2 days at Universal. A few of us are huge Harry Potter fans, so we feel like we'll probably want to spend a LOT of time checking out HP, and we're worried we'll get so busy there that it won't give us time to check out everything else. Going with a 2nd day means that we can make sure we see everything else we want to see at Universal too. (Oh, I should mention we're doing the park-to-park option as well.)

Edited: 02 February 2014, 19:03
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

Definitely need at least a full day at each of the parks (disney and universal). :)

british columbia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

I was trying to weigh out the costs for this as we are staying at disney resort so transport is included. Pay extra for transport to go to universal twice or pay for a fast pass and do both universal parks in one day. What would you do?

minnesota
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

You can buy a 2 day USF ticket with 3rd day free... If you want to go back to hit things you miss you can, without feeling jipped if you don't get back. My family (4 in our early 30's, 2 age 10-13 daughters and 60yo grandma) will end up using all 3 days at universal -even if the 3rd is just a short trip to redo all our faves. not sure about transportation costs from Disney.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

We're also staying at Disney (POP in October!) - so we're going with this option: www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/ because it includes a transfer to and from our Disney resort.

$139.99 each for 1 day, $165.99 each for 2 days. Really only a difference of $26. I'd say it's worth it, if you can afford it.

** with tax, $359.94*

Edited: 02 February 2014, 19:44
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

Two days at least at universal/islands of adventure, no need to rush around, take your time and do everything. (We spend 5-6 days there in and out of the parks, some full days, some not.)

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days at disney and universal?

Sorry, won't let me edit a second time...

The total with tax is 2-day park-to-park with the transfer option, for 2 adults.