We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Has anyone tried to book a 2015 holiday to Disney Florida yet? We are wanting to book a Disney package (including: Free dining offer, free spending dollars and 14 park days for the price of 7) but not sure when these offers start and I see you can only really book up to mid-April 2015.

Also, who is the best Operator to go with Virgin/Thomson or Disney?

I am just so excited to go but really want to get the best deal we can!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Hi, we've booked for August 2015 through thomas Cook we haven't got the free dp as where only stopping at the all stars. But it might be worth looking at them for some rough prices

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Thank you!

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Wait just a bit longer the free dining offer isn't available yet for you folks from the UK. Any of the Agents you mention will offer it when is does become available. Many have booked direct with Disney, it can be easier to modify things if needed later on. Many also find booking flights separately works out better then including them in the "Package Deals"

What dates are you interested in ? And have you looked at which Resorts you might like to stay at ? We can give you some info, for now, while you wait to book :)

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Hi Partypa

Thank you for your post!

We are looking to book either end of March to early April or end of May - not sure which is going to be better cost wise - we are not too worried about the dates really. Just want to get the best possible deal we can.

We are looking to book the Port Orleans Riverside for our stay - it looks very friendly and pretty but at the same time looks family friendly. We were looking at the Coronado Springs but this is also a conference centre I think so I was thinking this maybe a little more business like!?

It makes quite a difference to the cost of booking if you can get the free dining deal, plus the WDW park tickets 14 days for the price of 7 and possibly the free spending $ too! - we will have to wait and see what we can get. The offers were there last year but we just weren't able to book! :o)

Is the Disney Dining package easy to use - e.g. is it clear when we get there how and what we can use are deal on?

Also have you heard of the My Magic bands - I think Thompson are running this idea where you wear these Disney bands on your wrist which appear to be loaded with all your reservationd details etc .

So glad this forum is here as it helps me NOT to go out of my mind whilst I wait for the booking offers to come out!!

Also, how easy/difficult is it to come and go once you are in the parks? We are looking at some days spending some time in the park and then coming back to the hotel for a swim and maybe going back to the park for some evening shows e.g. Epcot Fireworks and Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Hi, I'd always double check the 'free' dining deals as the past 4 years we've had 'free' dining twice, paid for twice and this year got such a good deal hotel only that we'll just pay for the good when we're there.

It depends who you want to fly with but we generally book separately, wait til flights come out (approx 11-13 months before dept) then look at hotel deals.

We've booked this time through Small World Vacations, based in US but great price for Disney hotel.

No I don't work for them but always shop around on both sides of the Atlantic.

The other thing is about DDP is that Disney have become stricter on changing courses ie you used to be able to swap a starter for dessert but last year everywhere we went they said our plan (regular) wouldn't let us swap, being starter type people it didn't work for us!

Sorry if I've confused you! X

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Hi Sophjasp

Thank you for your advice! There is so much to look at!!!!

I think we will price up for Virgin/Thompson/Jetsave and Disney that way we can get a good idea of prices and their offers. I will also look at booking our accommodation and passes etc with Disney and maybe booking our own flights independantly. I have done this once before when I went with my sister about 13 years ago but then I was able to book direct with the hotel as it was on I-Drive.

I will try to be patient and wait for the offers and hopefully they'll be what we want!

Sarah :o)

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Has anyone used or heard of the My Magic bands - I think Thompson are running this idea where you wear these Disney bands on your wrist which appear to be loaded with all your reservationd details etc .

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
242 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

Hi there

II would welcome any info you have on Small World vacations - I have contacted them but they say they haven't got their 2015 prices yet and will contact me when they have.

Did you find the process easy enough to do from the other side?

Thanks

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

This is almost identical to our situation!! We were originally thinking of this year Sep/Oct but are now looking at April/may '15 too. I'm desperately trying to hang on but so eager to book!! We are thinking of trying a Disney hotel this time too, and also hope to get the free dining plan. I'm thinking either POR or SSR... Not easy to no when the prices will be best! Don't know if I can wait as long as Jan '15 sales! We stayed at the Hilton bonnet creek last year and loved it,but I feel like I need to experience a Disney hotel again and see what we prefer.. Let me know if you find any good deals ;-)

Swindon, Wiltshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney World Florida 2015 Holiday

We are waiting to book with the hope of getting free dining, this is our umpteen time of going and we stay at Port Orleans FQ as its smaller and lovely but can walk to Riverside if you want. Hang on till March April time and if they are going to offer dining thats when it normally comes out. Thomas cook are always competitively priced but dont fly from Gatwick anymore for some reason, but keep an eye on prices!