We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brigstock, Northants
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

My wife & I are taking our grandson to Disneyworld etc for a week in April 2014. We were to then fly to West Palm Beach for a week with relatives but our agents have now informed us the flight is cancelled. We now think it would be an opportunity to see more of FL if we travel down by rail.

Does anyone have any advice on this matter please? Information on type of train, route (we would like to travel down east coast if possible), type of ticket, whether to book now or book when we get there, possible problems ..................etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,037 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

Florida is very much a driving state. (Though there are some projects hoping to change some of that). Your only passenger rail option would be Amtrak. There are stations in Orlando and Kissimmee. Here is the route www.amtrak.com/silver-service-palmetto-train My advice. Rent a car. You can drive Orlando to Miami for example in about 4 hours. The train would take over 7 hours on the Silver Star and nearly 6 on the Silver Meteor

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

You will see more if you rent a car .... and it would probably be cheaper than rail for the 3 of you.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

I'd look for an alternative flight, The railway system in America is very slow and it's quite expensive. Or hire a car driving is easy in the states

Brigstock, Northants
Level Contributor
37 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

Thank you for the information and advice. Looks as if we are going to have to give this some more thought. Your input is much appreciated.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

You can easily take the Amtrak train from Orlando getting off at the West Palm Beach station if you prefer not to drive. Your relatives can meet you as it is no more than half an hour from Boynton Beach. Since Orlando is West of WPB the route is mostly through Central Florida, not along the Coast. If you don't mind driving, you can rent a car and head East from Orlando to the Coast, visit a couple of towns, have lunch by the beach and hop onto Interstate 95 to Boynton Beach. Some nice areas East of Orlando...St Augustine town and beaches very nice, Daytona Beach Shores has nice beaches and restaurants.

Boynton Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

I'm in Boynton Beach and want to go to Orlando, nearest Universal Studios. Wich is the best way? Bus or Antrack? How muchis it,please? Thanksa lot. Arlete

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

The only option for a train is Amtrak. Ck out their website. You could take tri rail from Boynton to West Palm Beach if Amtrak does not pick up passengers in B Beach. I believe there is an express bus service from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando...maybe ask ? on Ft Lauderdale forum.

8. Re: From Orlando to Boynton Beach by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 05:16