We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panicking over negative reviews!

13 posts
Save Topic
Panicking over negative reviews!

We're not going till May but like most people, we can't stop looking at places to go/things to do etc. However all I seem to keep finding are negative reviews of restaurants along Idrive. I've been looking on google maps at restaurants near to our hotel(enclave suites)and have found one review of the IHOP nearby where a diner was surrounded and harassed by 6 members of staff because they had given a small tip as service was bad. Has anyone had any experience of something like this? Am I getting worried over nothing?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Don't worry.

You will find anyone who was unhappy (sometimes for the most trivial reasons) will leave a negative post.

Very few happy campers will leave positive reviews.

Human nature I'm afraid. There are tens of thousands of holidaymakers eating in the area, most are very happy.

I'm here at the moment & all the places we've dined have been good, to great, to excellent. :-):-)

So again, don't worry, certainly don't let it put a damper on your preparations :-):-);-)

Edited: 04 February 2014, 22:16
Clola
Level Contributor
405 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

I feel that you may be worrying for no reason.

We have been to the IHOP that you have spoken about many times and have had NO problems,

Is this your first visit to Orlando?

We have been to orlando for many years and never felt anything but safe and that is with our child with us

Relax and enjoy your amazing holiday x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Worried over nothing. In 7 times of going we've had one really bad restaurant experience. It was in golden corral. My mum had a really upset tummy so needed to leave quickly and forgot to put a tip down, a very rude waiter chased her out and asked what her problem was she said I don't have one. He said 'well let me tell you how we do things in america, we tip'.

We hadn't seen him once he didn't even bring us a drink over!!! We didn't tip, just gave him a dirty look and left.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Pete...think of how ridiculous it sounds mate:)

There are so many drama queens on this site,who like nothing better than to get attention by frightening people.

I should know,,I'm one of them;)).

We had a nice meal at I hop ,no problems,,,millers ale house is another I would recommend ,,,really good service and decent food $80 for four adults...

Any questions ,,,fire away.

England
Level Contributor
813 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

I have never been to ihop so cannot comment there. I personally have never experienced this issue and I have been going to Orlando for 14 years now although I do know someone who went to a restaurant and one member of staff got funny with them for leaving a small tip. I wouldn't worry.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Jenna,,,a dirty look to go with their dirty restaurant :))

Mike how's it going?any t.rs for us?

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

I came many years ago but can't remember too much about it. It's my wife's first time and she is so excited about going, plus it's for our honeymoon so want it to be special. Thanks for the replies, it's put my mind at rest slightly :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Haha agreed. Wasn't a place we went back too. Tomato ketchup as a pizza sauce..... yum!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

If it worries you that much don't go to IHOP, there's hundreds of other places to eat the majority of them are fine

Some people just love moaning

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Panicking over negative reviews!

Haha...

Listen Pete,,,please don't worry,you will have a great time.

It's not the law to tip!

If you are not happy and don't want to tip,,just explain why.

It's no big deal,,plan your holiday and have a ball:)